Claim status

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Claim status

Is there a website where you can check the status of my claim

Hi there,

Hi there,
You need to go to www.ssa.gov to check the status of your claim.

christine
how can I check the status of

how can I check the status of my appeal

Hi there,

Hi there,
You need to go to www.ssa.gov to check the status of your claim.

shawntell young
need to know why the money

need to know why the money was not deposit in my account yet

Hi Shawntell,

Hi Shawntell,
I really could not say as we are not affiliated with the SSA and would not have that information, but it bank transfer times may vary and the SSA may not have sent the money if you are determined to be ineligible for benefits.

Brenda
I went on line to check the

I went on line to check the status of my claim. It says "A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information".
Do you know what this means?
From all the blogs, I am assuming it means denied. A few people had been told it meant APPROVED but, their follow up posts said they had been denied.

Hi Brenda,

Hi Brenda,
I really cannot say as we are not affiliated with the SSA and would not have information as to the disposition of your case. However, you may want to speak with a disability attorney or advocate if you've been denied, then can help you appeal and fight for you at an ALJ hearing. You can reach out to one by filling out this form:
http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/form/free-disability-evaluation

Anonymous
Need to know how much i get

Need to know how much i get each month

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may want to contact the SSA to find out how much you get each month, you can go to www.ssa.gov or by calling them at 1-800-772-1213 .

susan l gugliuzza
It has been over a year that

It has been over a year that I filed for SSDI and have herd nothing

It had been over a year that

Hi Susan,

So sorry to hear that. You can call your local Social Security office to speak to a disability claims representative to check on the status. They can can usually provide a general update on your case, as to where it is in the process.
You can also check the status of your disability case online (go to secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/IAPS/applicationStatus;
I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Eric

andrew jolando ...
what is the status on my

what is the status on my appeal?

Hi Andrew,

Hi Andrew,
We would not be able to check the status of your appeal as we are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government. You may want to go here:
secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/IAPS/applicationStatus

to check your appeal status.

Charles Allen G...
I was wondering if my father

I was wondering if my father claiming ssi for me?

Hi Charles,

Hi Charles,

We are not affiliated with the SSA, so we cannot say for sure. I would recommend calling them toll free: 1-800-772-1213

Best Wishes,
Eric

SYLVIA
WHAT IS THE CUSTOMERY TIME IT

WHAT IS THE CUSTOMERY TIME IT TAKES FOR THE SOCIAL SECURITY TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE DISABLED?

Hi Sylvia,

Hi Sylvia,

It's tough to say because every case is different, however it can be a very long process however.

Best Wishes,
Eric

Jen K
my disability says a decision

my disability says a decision has been made and it says benefit application pending does anyone know what this means?

Hi Jen,

Hi Jen,

It may mean that they are finalizing your decision and that you should be hearing soon from them.

Best Wishes,
Eric

Anonymous
My name is Janet g wood and

My name is Janet g wood and this is not me

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this, you can do so by contacting them at 1-800-772-1213.

Anonymous
My name is Janet g wood I am

My name is Janet g wood I am waiting on a decision on my existing claim

HI there,

HI there,
You may want to contact your local SSA office regarding this, you can find a listing here:
http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/list-of-social-security-disabili...

Janet G Wood if...
When will I know if I am

When will I know if I am approved

Hi Janet,

Hi Janet,

It's tough to say for sure because every case varies. It can be a long process though. Best of Luck

-Eric

Teresa
I have been waiting for 17

I have been waiting for 17 months for a video hearing how much longer do I have to wait

Hi Teresa,

Hi Teresa,

I am sorry to hear that. It can be a very long process, but each city/state has a different waiting time for claims status, so I cannot say for sure.

Best of Luck,
Eric

Janet G Wood
Just wondering if a decision

Just wondering if a decision has been made from my hearing

Hi Janet,

Hi Janet,
We really could not say as we are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government, and as such we would not have that information.

Susan
Date

Date

Status

06/07/2017

Benefit Application Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Anyone know what this means.

Hi Susan,

Hi Susan,

It means that the made a decision regarding your application and are in the process of drawing it up and sending over the decision to you.

-Eric

Yvonne
A medical decision has been

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.your answer was, It means that the made a decision regarding your application and are in the process of drawing it up and sending over the decision to you.
Can you break it down a little bit more..
Thanks is advance

Hi Yvonne,

Hi Yvonne,

The ALJ has made the decision on the case and the case is waiting on a decision writer to start on it to be sent over.

-Eric

Jay
What does it mean when I

What does it mean when I check the status of my SSDI application and they say it is processing.

Hi Jay,

Hi Jay,
That may indicate that your application is actively being worked on.

Bryanna
I reapplied in February/March

I reapplied in February/March 2017 and I still haven't received anything in the mail and when I tried checking the status on SSA.gov it's showing nothing, not even that I applied.
What do I do?

Hi Bryanna,

Hi Bryanna,

Sorry to hear that, but continue to be patient and regularly check the status online or you can even call the SSA directly and speak to a representative 1-800-772-1213 and see if they have any updates. Hang in there, it can be a long process, unfortunately.

-Eric

Tasha123
A medical decision has been

A medical decision has been made and we are processing the benefit application you may be contacted if additional info is needed. What does this nonsense mean

Hello,

Hello,

It means that they got your information that you sent to them and they are in the process of deciding whether or not you will be receiving benefits. If they need any other information regarding your case from you they will contact you.

-Eric

rob
my status says the following:

my status says the following:
06/22/2017

Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Why is it is saying appeal under review if the decision was made? Since it says process decision and not processing benefit application does that indicate a denial? Thanks

BrokenVet918
My status says the same thing

My status says the same thing and I call the local office and was told nothing but contact us back within two weeks if I have not heard anything but the status is still processing so I hope that is good news. I know the waiting is nerve wrecking but I have faith stay strong.

Hi there,

Hi there,
It does take a while for them to process an application. If you have not already, you may want to contact them to let them know you are a veteran, as they can expedite applications for veterans under some circumstances.

Tammy
Hi brokenvet918

Hi brokenvet918
Did u find out what ur status ment weather you were denied or approved?

Tammy
Hi Rob did u ever find out

Hi Rob did u ever find out what that status ment?

Vicky
What does it mean when it

What does it mean when it says we are processing benefit application

Hi Vicky,

Hi Vicky,
It sounds like they're working on your application! Hang in there.

Mary
It says that my application

It says that my application is under review and that a medical decision has been made? Is this a good thing or a bad

Hi Mary,

Hi Mary,

It's nothing to worry about. It is common procedure when applying for benefits.

-Eric

Ruth
I called the ssa office and

I called the ssa office and they told me that my claim is closed,does that mean they made a decision didn't understand what that means

Hi Ruth,

Hi Ruth,

It could mean that they have made a decision regarding your case.

-Eric

Pages

Add new comment