SSI for widow..

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Hello,

I'm trying to get some answers regarding my mother's SSI benefits after my father passed away a couple of years ago. Social Security has threatened to stop spousal SSI payments because she still has an income. She is beyond 65 and is still working. Also how does receiving an inheritance affect SSI benefits my mother receives?

Thank You

Anonymous (not verified)
Mon, 12/07/2015 - 14:19 Permalink

Hello, five years ago my wife died of cancer. She work for over 10 years. When her death certificate was signed it stated that we were divorce. I went downtown to the court and was giving a letter stating that there has never been a divorce file. what steps do I do to apply?

Ladine (not verified)
Wed, 03/02/2016 - 02:11 Permalink

My husband and I were in a car accident in 1991 ,I was in 18 hours of surgery, I was in bed for seven months,he left me then and my daughter took care of me; he left me, that was about twenty five years ago,I did not know where he was; about two years ago I found out he was hit by a truck, but his sister and attorney did not want me to get in touch with him,"HE WAS TOTALLY DISABLED, could not talk, and bed ridden, they changed the phone number, and moved! She said she did not know we were married; I am disabled,I am disabled,(can not walk far even with a cane, so I am in constant pain, the dr says it chronic arthritis, and my bones have thinned because of age and I also have copd,and a mental problem;"I just found out that he is deceased; I am on SSI, I am 64 years old,am I able to get social security from him because we were still married,and if so, how do I go by doing it?"Thank you for your responce!

Deanna

In reply to by Ladine (not verified)

Thu, 03/03/2016 - 16:53 Permalink

Hi Ladine,
Were you married for at least 10 years? If so, you would be able to receive up to 50% of his Social Security payments, assuming you did not get remarried before his death.

Jacqueline (not verified)
Thu, 03/24/2016 - 22:05 Permalink

I was married for 26 Yrs and than got a divorce I got remarried kind of I got it annuled the same month on the grounds i was incopasitated anyways my exhusband than died 2014 can I recieve his social sercurity?

reed hoeppner (not verified)
Tue, 04/12/2016 - 06:45 Permalink

I have been notified that I have been getting my benefits but its not or hasn't been going to me

Bryan

In reply to by reed hoeppner (not verified)

Tue, 04/12/2016 - 09:53 Permalink

Hi Reed,
That doesn't sound good! I think you should contact the SSA as soon as possible, as it seems like someone is using your identity. You can call them at 1-800-772-1213 and they can help you from there.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!