You are here

Do I qualify for the little person disability at 4'11"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Do I qualify for the little person disability at 4'11"

I am 4' 11" tall and i am wondering if I qualify for disability?

Lynda adair
I'm only 4'5 but

I'm only 4'5 but have No health problems besides thyroid and cholesterol.do qualify for a disability?

Hi Lynda,

Hi Lynda,
It sounds like your health issues are managed, so no, unless you are ill and actually unable to work, you will not qualify. Being shorter than most people does not make you disabled.

Anonymous
Is 4"11 considered a

Is 4"11 considered a midget

D
Hi there, first off, &quot

Hi there, first off, "little person" is the non-offensive and socially correct term. I went ahead and changed the title of this thread, because obviously someone who was previously moderating the forum did not catch it. Dwarfism is a medical condition. It is a genetic disorder that can be determined by genetic testing. More often than not, people with dwarfism have proportional torsos, but smaller arms and legs. Dwarfism can be passed on to children genetically. Typically, the threshold for Dwarfism is 4'10" and lower, but a smaller height alone is NOT the same thing as having dwarfism, and some dwarves are taller than 4"10. Someone who is 4"11 but was not diagnosed with dwarfism by a doctor at a young age is just short. Unless that person had a real disability, there is no way a height of 4"11 would qualify anyone for SSD benefits.

Barry Brooks
Unemployed and unable to work

Unemployed and unable to work with injury to my body and some mental condiction, past problems with dealing with depression. And not likeing being around people that i do not know or share my time of day with.

Hi Barry,

Hi Barry,
You probably cannot get approved because you do not like people. You'd need to be able to prove that your mental disability is so severe, you cannot work with people, regardless of how hard you try.

Melissa
Are there any type of

Are there any type of disability benefits I qualify for?

Potentially, but what is your

Potentially, but what is your disability? If you are simply under 4'11 and do not have a disability, you will not qualify for benefits.

Anonymous
My daughter has

My daughter has neurofibromatosis (NF1) which includes a learning disability and anxiety along with a short stature. She is 16 years old and has struggled through school so far. Is there something she qualifies for?

Hi there,

Hi there,
She could potentially qualify for benefits, but I think it would be challenging. This is because she is still in school now. If she wasn't able to attend school at all due to her learning disabilities, I would highly recommend applying. There is nothing that she specifically qualifies for. She'll need to have a therapist or doctor full out a functional report listing the activities she's unable to do to potentially qualify for benefits.

Add new comment