Many people have heard the horror stories of Social Security Disability claims taking years to complete. These applicants must endure one appeal process after another before (hopefully) finally receiving their first disability check more than two years after the initial application. Is there any way to get an early decision regarding your disability claim? Is there any way to avoid the long and drawn out disability appeal process? If you know how to play your cards right, you can get an early decision from the SSA.
The best way to get an early decision from the Social Security Administration (SSA) is to make sure your initial application is filled out completely and with in-depth and detailed answers and that you provide ample objective medical evidence to support your claim for disability benefits. You should also consider retaining the services of a Social Security Disability lawyer. The fact of the matter is that only 30 percent of the disability claims received by the SSA receive an early decision in favor of the applicant. The remaining 70 percent of claimants are left in the land of appeals. If you want your claim to be approved in a matter of months instead of years, you need to retain the services of an attorney who can help you properly complete and submit your disability claim forms.
Another way to get an early decision in regards to a Social Security Disability claim is if you have a condition that falls under the Compassionate Allowances program. Under this program certain conditions allow an applicant to be approved for benefits in a matter of weeks rather than waiting months for an early decision. A Social Security Disability attorney can inform you in regards to whether or not your condition falls into those that are included under the Compassionate Allowances program. If you do have a condition included in the Compassionate Allowances listings, you may be able to qualify for disability benefits in a matter of weeks. However, even some Compassionate Allowances applications have been known to face denial during the early stage of the application process due to improperly completed claim forms or a lack of medical evidence. This is why it is so important to retain the services of a disability attorney when applying for disability benefits.
While most people wait until after the early decision stage of the application process to seek legal counsel, it is wise to get the help of an attorney before you submit your application for an early decision. By utilizing the services of a disability attorney, you can ensure that you have the best possible chance of a favorable outcome during the early decision process.