Navigating the Social Security Disability System is no easy task. You will undoubtedly have numerous questions when filling out necessary paperwork and going through the appeal’s process. You may find these resources helpful when applying for disability benefits.
Find out more of what to include in your disability application when applying for disability benefits.
- Ask an Attorney
An attorney is valuable resource to have when you have questions regarding Social Security benefits. We've asked a licensed attorney, Alaina Sullivan, her opinion on some of your most commonly-asked questions.
- Social Security Disability – Frequently Asked Questions
A list of common questions that arise among disability applicants.
- Social Security Disability Tips
A list of tips to give your disability claim the highest chance of approval.
- Social Security Disability Medical Conditions
A list of medical conditions that potentially qualify for disability along with an explanation of how to apply for disability with each condition.
- Glossary of SSD Terms
A list of terms related to Social Security Disability
- Social Security Attorneys by City
Get more information about hiring a disability attorney in your area.
- Social Security Disability Resources by City
Get more information about health clinics in your area where you can obtain the necessary medical evidence to prove your disability.
- Can I work with my Condition
This section contains more information on how your medical condition affects your ability to perform work related activities.
- Compassionate Allowances Program Explained
A comprehensive guide on how the Social Security Administration's Compassionate Allowances Program works.
- Social Security Disability by Occupation
This section contains information on how to qualify for Social Security Disability by occupation.
- Handicap and Disabled Parking Permits
Get more information about how to apply for handicap parking permits in each state.
- Social Security Disability Top 5's
Our "Top 5" articles will give you and your family more information on the most commonly disabling conditions, claimants with the highest chance of approval, and how an attorney or advocate can help.
- How Disabling Is My Condition?
Your approval relies on whether or not the SSA believes you're disabled. Learn more about how to prove you're unable to work here.
- What Medical Evidence Do I Need to Qualify?
Without medical evidence proving you're too ill to work, you may not win your Social Security claim. Here's a little more information on how you could be approved.
- Condition Resources by State
Each state has a variety of resources for different conditions. Learn more about the resources in your state.
- Social Security Disability Help Sheet
A comprehensive guide on how to apply for benefits and how to medically or technically qualify for benefits.
- Guide for Veterans Applying for Social Security
A comprehensive guide on how to apply for benefits at the same time as VA disability benefits.
- Disability Benefits Calculator
Find out approximately how much monthly benefits you could be eligible to receive.
- What is Included in My Disability Application
- Using an RFC When Applying For Disability Benefits
If you do not meet a Blue Book listing, you may still qualify for benefits. Find out how to use an RFC for your condition.
If you have been diagnosed with a condition that you are not familiar with, learn more about qualifying for disability benefits.