In an effort to encourage disability awareness among students, Social Security Disability Help, is hosting our first ever New England Disability Awareness Essay Contest.
Who are we?
Social Security Disability Help is an informational website on the Social Security Disability (SSD) program. We strive to make people aware of the SSD benefits that are available to them and help them get the benefits by offering free evaluations of their disability claim.
Rules and Prizes
- To participate, students in grades two through six can write an essay, no longer than 500 words, describing how someone with a disability has inspired them.
- Then, submit the essay along with the child’s age, city, state, and a parent or guardian’s preferred method of contact to Social Security Disability Help by October, 31st, 2012. The essays can be submitted here.
- Five winners will earn the chance to donate $250.00 to the charity of their choosing as well as a $25.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
- Five runners up will be selected to receive a $25.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble and finally, five third place winners will each receive a $15.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
- The winning essays will be posted on the Social Security Disability Help Blog.
To learn more about the contest or if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.