Brick Social Security Attorney or Advocate

Brick (Ocean County), NJ residents who are unable to work due to a disability can apply for disability benefits (SSDI or SSI). As of December 2011, there were 16,340 individuals receiving SSDI benefits and 6,602 individuals receiving SSI benefits in Ocean County. You should strongly consider hiring a Brick social security disability attorney when applying for disability benefits. An attorney will not be able to help you apply, but he or she will also be able to file an appeal if your initial claim is denied.

You can find more information here about the differences between SSDI and SSI.

A Brick disability applicant can either apply for disability online or at one of SSA offices in the Brick area.

2620 Yorktowne Blvd

 Brick, NJ 08723

3310 State Route 66

 Neptune, NJ 07753

52 Charles Street

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Hiring a Brick Disability Attorney/Advocate

Most people find the process of applying for disability to be rather complicated and long. If you are in the same boat, you should hire a Brick disability attorney or advocate to help you with your claim.

More information on the benefits of hiring an attorney>>>

Brick, New Jersey, Social Security disability attorneys will also represent other Ocean County claimants, as well as those in neighboring Monmouth and Burlington counties, and cities such as Point Pleasant, Bay Shore, Gilford Park, Ocean Gate, Jersey City and River Bank.

You can contact the bar association listed below if you have questions or concerns about hiring an attorney:

Ocean County Bar Association
100 Hooper Ave.
Toms River, New Jersey 08754

To speak with a local disability attorney or advocate, fill out a free disability review today.

Brick Disability Hearings

If your claim is denied at both the initial and reconsideration stages, then you will have to request to have a disability hearing. The disability hearing for Brick residents is held at the South Jersey Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). Currently, there are 4,555 pending cases at the South Jersey ODAR and the average wait time to have a hearing scheduled is 328 days.

Between October 2012 and March 2013, there were a total of 1476 hearings held at the South Jersey ODAR and approximately 84.5% of them were either approved or denied. The other 15.5% have yet to receive a ruling from the judge. The 10 judges at the South Jersey office on average resolved about 1.6 hearings per day each.

Video hearings are an option for individuals who have limited mobility or live too far from the South Jersey ODAR. However, you should be aware that only 0.6% of the hearings were video hearings at the South Jersey ODAR.

If you have yet to hire a disability attorney, you should do so prior to attending your disability hearing.

328 days can be a long time to wait for a hearing when the bills are piling. In extreme circumstances, the SSA has been known to speed up the hearing process. To find out if you are eligible for a speedier hearing, you should contact your local congressman.

Fill out the form below to speak with a disability attorney or advocate for free.

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!