You are here

New Rochelle Social Security Attorney or Advocate

A New Rochelle (Westchester County) disability applicant will have to choose whether or not they want to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. As of December 2011, there were 16,605 individuals receiving SSDI benefits and 17,647 individuals receiving SSI benefits in Westchester County. A New Rochelle social security disability attorney will be able to determine whether or not you qualify for disability, as well as which disability program you should apply for.

A New Rochelle disability applicant can either apply for disability online or at one of the local SSA offices listed below:

88 Harrison Street

New Rochelle, NY 10801

138-50 Barclay Ave

Flushing, NY 11355

84 N. Main Street

Freeport, NY 11520

Hiring a New Rochelle Disability Attorney

You should strongly consider hiring a New Rochelle disability attorney or advocate before applying for disability. Your attorney will be able to look over all of your paperwork to make sure that everything is in order and that you are not missing any vital information.

Click here to learn more about hiring an attorney.

A New Rochelle disability attorney will also handle cases in the following areas of New York: Mount Vernon, Eastchester, Mamaroneck, Harrison, Yonkers, Scarsdale, Rye, Port Washington, Hartsdale, Great Neck, Glen Cove, White Plains, Dobbs Ferry and Port Chester.

You should contact the New Rochelle Bar Association, if you have any questions about hiring an attorney:

New Rochelle Bar Association
P.O. Box 1863
New Rochelle, N.Y. 10802

To speak with a local disability attorney or advocate, fill out a free disability review today.

New Rochelle Disability Hearings

If your claim is among the majority of claims that are denied at the reconsideration stage, then you will have to request to have a hearing with the White Plains, NY Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). Currently, there are 3,213 pending cases at the White Plains ODAR and the wait time is 293 days.

From October 2012 to January 2013, the White Plains ODAR office had 1014 hearings scheduled. Approximately 80% of these hearings were resolved (approved, partially approved or denied). The 7 judges in the White Plains office handled about 1.8 dispositions per day. The office has a whole had about 12 hearings scheduled per day. Approximately 68% of the hearings were held in person and the other 32% of them were held via video-conferencing. Thus, you can request a video hearing if you live too far from White Plains.

A New Rochelle disability attorney will have attended numerous hearings at this office in the past on behalf of other clients. That experience and familiarity could prove to be beneficial during your hearing.

Sometimes it can be difficult to wait more than a year to be approved for benefits while the bills are piling up. If you are in a tough situation, you should contact your local congressman to see if it is possible to speed up your hearing. The congressman for the New Rochelle area can be contacted via:

222 Mamaroneck Ave., #312
White Plains, NY 10605
Phone: 914-428-1707

For a free evaluation from a New Rochelle disability attorney or advocate, fill out the form below:

 
Free Disability Evaluation
Case Questionaire
Contact Information
(* required)