Peoria Social Security Attorney or Advocate

After an individual becomes disabled, he or she may no longer be able to work. The resulting loss of income can be a source of significant emotional and financial stress. Fortunately, the Social Security Administration (SSA) offers disability benefits to individuals in circumstances such as these. The residents of Peoria, Arizona (located in both Maricopa and Yavapai County) have access to many qualified Social Security Disability attorneys and advocates who can help them apply and be approved for the disability benefits they need.

As of December 2012, in Maricopa County alone, there were 82,260 SSDI recipients and 51,664 SSI recipients. To learn more about SSDI and SSI contact your local SSA field office:

5907 W Kings Ave
Glendale, AZ 85306
Telephone: 1-800-772-1213

(This office is located a block south of Bell Rd at the intersection of 59th and Kings Ave.)

The Glendale Social Security field office will also serve the following cities: Glendale, Aguila, El Mirage, Litchfield Park, Morristown, Peoria, Sun City, Waddell, Wickenburg, Wittmann, Youngtown, Sun City West, and Surprise.

Hiring an Peoria Disability Lawyer

A key factor in many successful disability claims is having a disability lawyer. While this is not required, we strongly recommend it. An attorney or advocate will be able to help you collect the necessary medical, financial, and work-related records that the SSA requires. Doing so on your own can be exhausting and difficult. Having a lawyer help with this step will ensure that it is all done accurately and on time.

Learn about the other benefits of having a lawyer, here.

A Peoria Social Security Disability lawyer will also handle disability claims in the following cities located in Maricopa County, Pima County, Pinal County, Santa Cruz County, La Paz County, Yuma County, Mojave County, Yavapai County, and Gila County: Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Apache Junction, Gold Canyon, Queen Creek, Sun Lakes, Avondale, Glendale, Prescott, Goodyear, Congress, Nothing, Salome, Lake Montezuma, Casa Grande, Coolidge, Maricopa, Sacaton, Cave Creek, New River, Central Heights Midland City, and Fountain Hills.

The Maricopa County Bar Association can answer any questions you may have about the legal assistance available to you.

Maricopa County Bar Association
303 E. Palm Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85004-1532

To speak with a local disability attorney or advocate, fill out a free disability review today.

Peoria Social Security Disability Appeal Hearings

After filing an initial application, the next steps include the request for reconsideration and the appeal hearing. If your initial claim is approved you will not have to worry about the next stages of the process. If your initial claim is denied, it is important that you file an appeal within 60 days of receiving notice of denial.

As mentioned, you will then partake in the request for reconsideration. Unfortunately the majority of all claimants are denied at this stage. If you don’t already have an attorney or advocate, we suggest hiring one before entering the appeal hearing phase of the application process.

If you choose to hire an attorney, you will not have to pay him or her unless your claim is approved. Even then, all payments are monitored by the SSA and cannot exceed a certain amount.

Appeal hearings typically take place in an Office of Disability Adjudication and Review—or ODAR. The ODAR closest to Peoria, AZ is Phoenix North ODAR and is approximately 15 miles away from Peoria.

Congressional Intervention

After scheduling an appeal hearing, you may notice that you have to wait several months to appear before a judge. In extreme circumstances—such as lack of heat or hot water or serious medical complications—a congressman or woman will be able to have your hearing moved sooner. To see if this is an option, contact a local congress representative and explain what you are going through. If the congressperson agrees that you need your hearing moved forward, he can call the Phoenix North ODAR to intervene on your behalf.

Complete the following form to consult with a disability lawyer or advocate for free:

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!