Denied with Blepharospasms of the eyelids

Submitted by Noah on

Hello, I started having excessive eye squinting two years ago, which escalated to uncontrolled complete closure of the eyes. Diagnosed as Blepharospams which has been very debilitating for me. My daughter has to drive me every where and see to it that I can navigate my way around stores, appointments, etc because they can bee ok then suddenly close and I can't open them without pulling them open with my fingers. I run into things in the house, can't watch tv or be on the computer much at all and have with it, very sensitivity to light. No more yard work which I love to do. In turn, I now see a physiologist also to help me through some depression and anxieties it has caused. It is text book to become worse in social situations and there is no cure, just different options for relief, which I am trying now to no avail so far. I have been denied two times and my letter tells me that I am still able to work the same as before by national standards. Really?? I was always in Management and can no way even think of a company that would hire me now and take the risk of injury. not to mention, what job do you do when you are using your hands to hold your eyes open. it takes me forever to type like this while holding up an eyelid and doing the one hand typing. Blepharospsams are considered rare and two of my doctors, other than my neuro ophthalmologist have never heard of it. My neuro doctor had only seen one case before. So with my request for reconsideration, I even sent along a pamphlet on it with my paperwork. Still denied. Whit my records, and FYI sent, what else does it take for SS to understand my disability and limitations. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem. I seek out a lawyer next. really didn't expect this. Thanks

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!