Hereditary Angio Edema

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

My son has a rare life threatening disease that can cause random swelling any where in his body that has soft tissue. It is painful and can when the swelling happens in your throat it has a 50 percent fatality rate. I have the same illness and had two throat swells in one year so I had two tracks and still have one. His swells usually occur in his stomach and limbs. He misses school and work from his attacks. In between the attacks he can function however much of the time he suffers from extreme exhaustion before and after an attack which last for days.I had not applied for disability because I wanted him to push thru the illness and function anyway like I try to do. But his attacks breakthrough the protection of the meds and he misses a lot of school Stress is the biggest trigger and something that is hard to control. He is 20 years old but was diagnosed at age 16. This is a condition he was born with and in high school he missed about 20 days of school per semester from HAE attacks. In college he had to pull out and come home because he was getting sick to often. So he is trying school locally but is still getting sick What can he apply for? Can he apply under his father's social security benefit since he has a more reliable income although we are divorce since he was four?

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!