Start date for Medicare.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Got Disability Benefits after a 6 year wait. Where do I turn for good information and advice I can trust? I just got my first SSDI monthly check and some SSI back payment. I am told I will get a large SSDI back payment check and have lots of questions about benefits, getting past bills paid, how far back to pay my medicare subscriptions to start coverage, medicare and on and on. Does anyone know a good advocacy group or information resource that I can trust or just a very good message board to ask these questions on?

My award letter states that since they didn't settle this in a timely manner, parts of Medicare starts only goes back two years and I have 60 days to tell them in writing, if I want to pay my back medicare subscription for it to cover two years farther back. A company(Chamberlain and Edmunds) that represents the hospital and originally started the application, while I was in the hospital wants copies of all my approval letters. They say they want to help me get my past medical bills paid. Since the hospital put them on me, I am suspicious about them representing my interests. Where can I go, that I can trust, to get help understanding all this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!