How to apply for mood disorder disability

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 11/07/2018 - 20:58

I am brand new to all of this, and just found out I could apply for disability as I find myself unable to work. I just don't know where any forms are or who to call or what the first step is. Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you so much.

Fri, 11/09/2018 - 11:52 Permalink

Hello! To apply for disability benefits, you can either go to your local Social Security office, call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213, or apply online at (You cannot apply online for SSI disability benefits.) You will have an initial disability interview and you will need to gather medical evidence and documentation to submit with your application to the SSA.

Add new comment