short term

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/25/2011 - 10:38

I recently had to have back surgery to fix a ruptured disc and remove scar tissue. I have been off of work since July 3, 2011, I have no insurance and no income. Do I qualify for any assistance?

jacqueline mccormick (not verified)
Mon, 04/04/2016 - 17:17 Permalink

I have had surgery and will be out of work for atg lease 6 to eight weeks.can I file for short term disibility insurance


In reply to by jacqueline mccormick (not verified)

Tue, 04/05/2016 - 13:30 Permalink

Hi Jacqueline,
If you have short term disability insurance coverage, then you may be able to file a claim. Generally short term disability coverage is provided through an employer or you would need to buy coverage yourself, it is not a government provided disability benefit.

Carolyn (not verified)
Sat, 02/25/2017 - 20:55 Permalink

Can I work at all if I qualify for any type of disability? Although during the last year I have been sick 70% of the time, I have had occasional periods of feeling well.


In reply to by Carolyn (not verified)

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 09:16 Permalink

Hi Carolyn,
By the SSA's definition, you may be disabled if you are unable to work enough to earn a living because of a medical condition.

Add new comment