Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 05/17/2016 - 19:21

I receive ssdi. My child also receives benefits and his fathet has joint custody and he resides with him and the father is payee. Can i become thr payee. My disability is mental illness. Does that deem me incomprntent?

Wed, 05/18/2016 - 16:31 Permalink

Hi there,
If the SSA does not require you to have a representative payee, you may be able to be a payee for your child. I would contact your local SSA office to confirm if you'd be eligible.

Add new comment