APPEAL PROCESS

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I applied for SSDI back in Jan 2012 and was denied in Aug 2012- I filed a appeal in October. I have filed due to several health issues; I have had Juvenile Onset Diabetes for 30+ years and have no symptoms when my blood sugar drops, I also have COPD (was a smoker for over 2 yrs) and get extreme short of breathe just making bed. I also have Chronic back pain which only allows me to sleep about 4-5 hours a night. I have no insurance and before last month i had not seen a doctor since before i filed for disability- all due to not having insurance- i found a program through the local hospital that helps with co pays for dr visits-so i have had 2 visits with a dr. - she wont write a letter stating i cannot work but has "agreed with me when i say thaere is no way i can work"- she said"they usually send me something asking for this - so she wrote on a prescription pad my name , my diseases and that i am not able to work at this time"! I JUST rteceived a letter from social security asking for updated information and they said it is in my best interest to send back asap so they can attempt to get me a favorable approval! That all sounds good but i am concerned with only having 2 visits to send info on and the way the note on prescription order was written.-ANY INFORMARTION OR SUGGESTION ARE APPRECIATED. THIS HAS BEEN A LONNG ALMOST YEAR AND A HALF!!-PLEASE RESPOND TO;77mag77@gmail.com- thank you.

Danyell Brems (not verified)
Fri, 01/13/2017 - 17:14 Permalink

I filed in February 2012 and had a lawyer went to court and was denied all in the same year.
I kept on filing and eas contacted by a advoate in 2015 the end of the year they have done alomast everything fore me snce and I have recoeds that date back to 2008 that state I am ocd, biopolar, and, manic, and have an Naxiety disorder. though the only time that I was seen in court I had no doctors note, no proof of my diagnosis, and now I was informed that I was requested to be seen in Disability Court, they contacted my advocate in July of this year 2016.
I am more confused now than when I first filed in 2012, I am just appreciative to the advocates who have stuck by me even when I threw it out of mind.
So that is really a story not a question. and the more time seems to slowly go by it seems more and more true I am disabled and a job for me is become a huge problem and my anxiety will be the death of me i need some kind of fresh breath of air or life is to be way to short.
TRhank You to whom ebver took the time to read my on and on going stopry.
DANYELL BREMS
I NOW HAVE BEEN SEEN BY A FEW MORE (SOME WHAT) DOCTORS AND HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED ANOTHER TIME BY VALLEY ENTAL THAT I AM CERTAINLY MANIC AND HAVW A VERY EXRTEME ANXIETY DISORDER.

KsRenegade63 (not verified)
Wed, 05/30/2018 - 23:48 Permalink

What is the out come for the people who get this message

Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!