Question About SSI And 1099-Misc Form

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 10/12/2015 - 17:47

Hi there I currently receive SSI in IL($733 a month) this last year I have been doing surveys etc on a website that I cashout when I want or need the money I have earned.

This website will s end a 1099-misc form if we make 599 or over in a calendar year.
This year so far as of todays date I am at 725.00 which is not much but I am curious will that stop me from getting my ssi of 733?
I would think say by years end I have earned $900 for the total year that it would be divided by 12 and t hat would be considered by monthly earned income which I would think is barely anything so should not affect my 733...but not sure.

Was just curious if anyone knew how much you could make before it does start to deduct from your monthly ssi payment.

Thanks in advance!

cindy (not verified)
Thu, 03/10/2016 - 16:19 Permalink

My son is recovering ssi benefits for his father's death. Currently he is 17 and having problems with bullies at school.he wants to quit school get his GED at our local college.will he loose his benefits if he chooses to pursue getting GED?


In reply to by cindy (not verified)

Thu, 03/31/2016 - 13:30 Permalink

Hi Cindy,
He's actually on SSDI auxiliary benefits if he is receiving them due to his father's death. He can pursue his GED and still receive benefits until he turns 18.

Jesseca Herring (not verified)
Fri, 04/29/2016 - 08:03 Permalink

I need to know the status of my social security disability claim


In reply to by Jesseca Herring (not verified)

Fri, 04/29/2016 - 10:13 Permalink

Hi Jessica,
We are not affiliated with the SSA, you should get in touch with them to check the status of your claim. You can call them at 1-800-772-1213 or at

Erica (not verified)
Tue, 10/25/2016 - 05:27 Permalink

Do I have to file taxes if disabled ?

I recieved $730 monthly on ssi. I also recieved $2500 in a year on other income (1099 MISC). Do I have to file and pay taxes? Will this also affect my ssi paycheck?


In reply to by Erica (not verified)

Tue, 10/25/2016 - 09:37 Permalink

Hi Erica,
I really could not say as I do not have much experience with tax law, you may want to contact the SSA regarding this, they may be able to tell you if you would be required to pay taxes.

Elizabeth A. Magraw (not verified)
Fri, 04/07/2017 - 17:37 Permalink

How can I get my 1099 tax form for 2016?

Anonymous (not verified)
Thu, 12/28/2017 - 13:00 Permalink

I receive $735.00 monthly disability payment. If go to work and the company files a 1099 on me but no taxes taken out. How will this affect my benefits


In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Tue, 01/02/2018 - 13:44 Permalink

Hi there,
I really could not say for sure, but your SSI benefits may be reduced one dollar for every two that you earn.

albert clark (not verified)
Mon, 01/22/2018 - 14:14 Permalink

hello I am on ssi and last year i worked earning about $7000 and got a 1099 for the year and forgot to notify ssi what do i need to do to make things right


In reply to by albert clark (not verified)

Tue, 01/23/2018 - 16:17 Permalink

Hi Albert,
I would contact the SSA regarding this, they may be able to resolve this with you.

Moises (not verified)
Wed, 03/28/2018 - 00:09 Permalink

How can I get my 1099 SSA FORM here


In reply to by Moises (not verified)

Thu, 03/29/2018 - 16:02 Permalink

Hi Moises,

You can go the SSA website and log into your account or go to your local SSA office. If you need more information, their number is 1-800-772-1213.

Add new comment