Do I qualify for the little person disability at 4'11"

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I am 4' 11" tall and i am wondering if I qualify for disability?

Rose (not verified)
Wed, 05/15/2019 - 17:24 Permalink

Disability social security for being 4’11” ?

rsg

In reply to by Rose (not verified)

Thu, 05/16/2019 - 11:57 Permalink

Hi Rose,

Your height alone will not qualify for disability benefits. If you are experiencing a disabling condition that is described in the SSA's Blue Book then you may qualify.

Missy (not verified)
Fri, 06/07/2019 - 13:17 Permalink

Hi I am 35 years old and height of 4'10 and have multiple disabilities. Do I qualify for SSDI?

Eric

In reply to by Missy (not verified)

Fri, 06/07/2019 - 14:47 Permalink

Hi Missy,

Not for your height alone. But if those disabilities will force you to be out of work for at least 12 months, you could qualify for SSDI benefits.

Kristal (not verified)
Tue, 06/11/2019 - 21:10 Permalink

I already get disability but I'm for 9 and I have severe medical conditions that no one else has in my family I don't know my father side at all but my doctor will not test me to see if I'm a little person how can I get help finding out if I'm a little person and if I am well I be entitled to more benefits with disability

rsg

In reply to by Kristal (not verified)

Fri, 06/14/2019 - 11:34 Permalink

Hi Kristal,

Your height alone will not qualify you for benefits. You can consult the SSA's Blue Book to see if you meet another condition's listing.

Brianna (not verified)
Wed, 06/19/2019 - 11:32 Permalink

I'm 4'8 with scoliosis. I had full back surgery when I was 14. And my back still has a big curvature. It's painful at times. I was at work reaching for the top rack and something shifted in my spine getting it checked out but was just wondering if I would qualify.

rsg

In reply to by Brianna (not verified)

Fri, 06/21/2019 - 12:10 Permalink

Hi Brianna!

You should look over the Blue Book with your doctor to see if you meet the medical requirements for disability benefits (ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/1.00-Musculoskeletal-Adult.htm). Your doctor can help establish is you are medically eligible! Best of luck!

Lene P (not verified)
Mon, 06/24/2019 - 04:14 Permalink

My twin sons were born 4 lbs. I know its 2lbs to be qualified but jus wanted to put it there. Anyhow, the oldest of my twin boys is on the spectrum of autism, mild. But over the past 10 years, he has developed a mental health issue, as to where i had to let the SPED Teachers know, during our IEP meeting, that they have to keep a close eye on him because when it hits him or someone would upset him, he'll attack that person, with whatever object anywhere in front or around him. Please tell me..is there a possibility that he would qualify?

Eric

In reply to by Lene P (not verified)

Mon, 06/24/2019 - 16:51 Permalink

Hi There,

Your child may be able to qualify for SSI benefits with autism, though it is tough to qualify for that. To apply, you will need to do so at your local SSA office. Make sure that you have all of your child's paperwork up to date.

Kelly Morin (not verified)
Thu, 06/27/2019 - 22:02 Permalink

I am 4’7” and 53 years old with multiple health problems do I qualify for disability.

Eric

In reply to by Kelly Morin (not verified)

Fri, 06/28/2019 - 14:53 Permalink

Hi Kelly,

Not for your height alone, but if those health problems will cause you to be out of work for at least 12 months, then you you qualify for SSDI benefits.

Lee (not verified)
Mon, 07/15/2019 - 03:52 Permalink

Hi Im 4ft 5 inches tall and have a learning disabilities also iep. What benefit do I qualify for? Im 30 years old.

Eric

In reply to by Lee (not verified)

Tue, 07/16/2019 - 17:25 Permalink

Hi Lee,

You cannot qualify for Social Security disability benefits because of your height. You may be able with a learning disability, however claims like that are hard to get approved for.

Autumn Conner (not verified)
Wed, 10/23/2019 - 14:07 Permalink

I am 4 door 10 inches and pregnant have bipolar and scoliosis do I qualify for a check

rsg

In reply to by Autumn Conner (not verified)

Thu, 10/24/2019 - 14:29 Permalink

Hi Autumn,

You'll have to meet the Blue Book listing for disorders of the spine (for your scoliosis) and/or the Blue Book listing for bipolar disorders! You can find the Blue Book online and should go over it with your doctor. If you do qualify and begin receiving SSDI, your child may be able to receive auxiliary benefits from your SSDI.

Shorty (not verified)
Fri, 11/22/2019 - 23:43 Permalink

I am 4’11. I always worked and never had any problem with my body. Lately I been having issues with my right hip. That it hurts really bad and it’s hard to stand and walk. Will that qualify as a disability if I had a doctors note.

Pauline (not verified)
Tue, 01/21/2020 - 21:43 Permalink

I am 4 ft 10 and have Osteoarthritis. Do I qualify for any assistance or benefits? Thank you

rsg

In reply to by Pauline (not verified)

Wed, 01/22/2020 - 16:50 Permalink

Hi Pauline,

If your Osteoarthritis meets the Blue Book listing and you are either under the income limits or have enough work credits then you may qualify. I would consult with your doctor to make sure your Osteoarthritis meets the requirements.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!