For added convenience and fast access to records, the Social Security Administration (SSA) allows users to set up an online account, which is called My Social Security Account. This account was designed for those who get Social Security benefits or who have Medicare coverage. Here are some things that you can do with a My Social Security Account:
- Get your benefits verification letter
- Check your information, such as access your earnings record and check future benefits
- Change your phone number and address
- Start direct deposit or make changes to an existing direct deposit
- Request a replacement Medicare card
- Get replacement tax documents, such as an SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S
- Report any work wages if you receive Social Security disability benefits
To set up a My Social Security account, you will have to input some personal information and details, then set up a user name and password, which you should keep in a secure spot, so it cannot be accessed by others.
Contact a Social Security Attorney
If you are applying for Social Security disability benefits, you should consult with a Social Security attorney in your area. An attorney can have a significant impact on your case and will significantly increase your odds of a successful claim. Get your free case evaluation today! You have nothing at all to lose.