Switching SS retirement benefits to SS Disability

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 12/07/2015 - 14:16

Hello, had a quick question and cannot seems to find the answer anywhere. My Mother recieves SS early retirement at the age of 63 but has had some medical problems that I know would make her eligible for SS disability benefits. I just want to know what the procedure would be to go about to change it. Does she have to go down to the office and refile?

Tue, 12/08/2015 - 16:19 Permalink

Hi there,
She can receive retroactive benefits if she is/was medically eligible for SSDI benefits. The procedure would be to first call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 to discuss whether or not she needs to make an appointment with her local office, or if she can simply file online.

frank (not verified)
Tue, 05/16/2017 - 11:31 Permalink

I draw ssdi can i use state park facilities at a discount camping an other.


In reply to by frank (not verified)

Tue, 05/16/2017 - 14:46 Permalink

Hi Frank,
I really could not say, if your state offers discounts for people who may be considered disabled, you may be eligible for those discounts.

Debra McNabb (not verified)
Wed, 03/28/2018 - 17:32 Permalink

How do I go about refilling for SS disability. I have my denial letter


In reply to by Debra McNabb (not verified)

Thu, 03/29/2018 - 16:29 Permalink

Hi Debra,

You can file an appeal. I would do that as soon as possible. You can do that online, at your local office or call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213.

Add new comment