Family benefits

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 01/20/2017 - 18:33

I was awarded SSDI and was told my children will get a monthly payment as well. I have my benefit letter saying how much I will get, how do I get a letter saying how much my children will get? I need it for other

Thu, 01/26/2017 - 12:06 Permalink

Hi there,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this, they can provide you with this information, you can contact them at 1-80-772-1213

Arnold (not verified)
Tue, 04/18/2017 - 17:49 Permalink

I,m receiving SSD for about 11 years. Do I need to report to SSA life insurance I get from my friend death? I know that I need to report any earn money from work etc. but life insurance or any other inheritance?

Mon, 04/24/2017 - 17:04 Permalink

Hi Arnold,

You should report any additional income to the SSI, but the life insurance won't affect your SSDI benefits.

Best Wishes,

Annika (not verified)
Tue, 06/20/2017 - 20:03 Permalink

I only worked for three years and then became a stay home mom. I became a paraplegic three years ago. Obviously I don't have enough earned benefit! Can I qualify for SSDI through my husband?


In reply to by Annika (not verified)

Wed, 06/21/2017 - 15:28 Permalink

Hi Annika,

I am so sorry to hear that. You could collect under your husband if he is already on SSDI.

However, just because you don't have a strong work history doesn't meant that you can't qualify for disability benefits. I would recommend filling out our Free Disability Evaluation and see if you can qualify:


joanne (not verified)
Mon, 06/26/2017 - 07:10 Permalink

I receive ssi am rep payee for 3 adult children 2 do not live at home will a large inheritance affect all 3 or just the only one at home they also receive ssdi benefits

Jeanne (not verified)
Mon, 02/03/2020 - 17:59 Permalink

My husband just started getting his SSDI benefits. Am I able to get auxilary SSDI?


In reply to by Jeanne (not verified)

Wed, 02/05/2020 - 16:35 Permalink

Hi Jeanne,

If you are under 62 and are a joint caretaker of your children who you have together (who must also be under 16), then you may be able to receive auxiliary benefits.

Add new comment