childrens benefits

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/19/2017 - 13:10

My ex wife receives benefits for herself and my son. My son has decided he wants to live with me fulltime. I did not request child support from my ex through domestic relations. My ex is still receiving benefits for my son and I was told I should apply to be payee now, because the dependent benefits should follow the child. Can anyone help me with this? Is this true?

Mon, 10/23/2017 - 09:25 Permalink

Hi There,

You may wan to schedule an appointment with at your local SSA office to to so.

Add new comment