You are here

how to apply for disability

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
how to apply for disability

How do I apply for benefits for my child with ADHD

Parents can receive

Parents can receive disability benefits for a child with ADHD, but it's quite difficult. These benefits are not automatic and most parents of children with ADHD do not qualify. The SSA limits ADHD benefits to the most severe cases. You can call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 or contact your local SSA office to submit an application.

Hi I want to know we’re can I

Hi I want to know we’re can I get an application to get disability benefits

Hi Ana,

Hi Ana,

You can get the application online on the SSA's website.

my 4 year old have sickle

my 4 year old have sickle cell and I wanted to know did she qualify for benifts

Hi Shakia,

Hi Shakia,

Sickle Cell disease is a qualifying condition in the SSA's Blue Book. Your child will have to meet the outlined qualifications. Your child will have to also technically qualify. SSI is based on household income so if you or any other parent in the household makes a decent income, he/she will not qualify. You can call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 to find out if you'll qualify based on your specific situation or you can make an appointment with your local SSA office.

Best of luck!

Does a child with bipolar

Does a child with bipolar quality for disability

Hi Jason,

Hi Jason,

A child with bipolar disorder may qualify Supplemental Security Income (SSI). The child would have to meet the medical qualifications outlined in the SSA's Blue Book to medically qualify. But the child also has to meet technical qualifications. SSI is based on financial need. So if a parent makes a decent income then the child will not qualify.

Add new comment