Change Payee

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 12/09/2018 - 19:54

My mother's health is failing and I want to change my payee from her to my brother. Can this be done online or do I have to go into an office? Would my brother have to go as well since he works and could not get the time? If not what info would I need from him to change my payee to him?

Tue, 12/11/2018 - 09:41 Permalink

You may request a new payee (though you must give adequate reason for changing). When you want to change your rep payee, go to your Social Security Administration field office and request a change of payee. You will be given a form to fill out.

Add new comment