Yuba City Social Security Attorney or Advocate

Every year a range of disabling conditions force workers from their jobs, leaving disabled individuals with little to no income and searching for a means of paying for everyday living expenses and other financial obligations.

Disability benefits available through the Social Security Administration are intended to provide the financial support disabled workers need; however, the application process for Social Security Disability (SSD) is complex and can be quite lengthy.

Having the help of a knowledgeable and experienced Yuba City Social Security attorney can shorten the timeframe involved in receiving a determination on your eligibility for SSD and make it more likely that you will receive benefits as well.

Yuba City, California

Yuba City, California, located in Sutter County, has a total population of about 37,000 individuals, with some 55 percent of those being between the ages of 21 and 64. Primary industries driving the Yuba City economy include retail, manufacturing and construction, but many individuals also find employment in educational settings, social service organizations and the healthcare field.

Regardless of where you may have previously worked, applying for Social Security disability benefits requires that you prove that you have been unable to work for a period of one year or longer.

Social Security disability claims from Yuba City residents are submitted to the local Social Security Administration office in Yuba City. After an administrative review of the application onsite in order to determine that all necessary forms and documents are present, the file is sent on to the San Francisco regional Disability Determination Services (DDS) office for a more thorough review.

The DDS reviews disability claims according to the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) guidelines, and while many claimants decide to file their initial claims on their own without the help of a Yuba City Social Security lawyer, having legal help from the start can be very beneficial, not only making it more likely that you will be found eligible for benefits but also shortening the review and approval process in some instances.

To speak with a local disability attorney or advocate, fill out a free disability review today.

The SSA looks for particular things in an initial application, and while you may have substantial documentation within your medical records, if you do not have the right tests or other procedures completed, it can delay the approval process for SSD. Only about 31 percent of initial SSD applications are approved. The other 69 percent of applicants must file a Request for Reconsideration from the DDS and a Yuba City Social Security Disability attorney can help you with that process as well.

If your application is denied following the reconsideration by the DDS, as 88 percent of cases are, you will then need to file an appeal. An appeal of the determination of your eligibility will send your file before an administrative law judge for a final determination at a hearing. Having a skilled and experienced Yuba City Social Security Disability lawyer to argue your case will significantly improve your odds of receiving SSD benefits.

You should realize that there are about 20,000 pending SSD claims in the DDS queue at any given time. This means the processes for application, review and appeals can take a number of months. Having legal assistance from a Yuba City disability lawyer from the start of your SSD claim can shorten your wait time and reduce the chance that you will have to go through additional reviews and appeals before being found eligible for SSD benefits.

If you have not yet filed your initial application for disability benefits, you may want to consider hiring a Yuba City disability attorney now. Even if you have already filed your initial application and received a denial, it is not too late to seek legal help. Hiring a Yuba City Social Security attorney costs you nothing upfront and you will not owe any legal fees for his or her services unless you are actually approved for benefits. If you receive SSD benefits, you would then pay your Yuba City Social Security lawyer 25 percent of your retroactive benefits up to a maximum of $6,000.

For more on disability benefits in California, see How To Qualify For Disability In California.

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!