If you’re receiving SNAP or EBT benefits you should know that you can use your SNAP/EBT card to shop online at Amazon. Amazon accepts SNAP/EBT payments. Once you link your SNAP account to your Amazon account you can buy anything that is approved for SNAP benefits on Amazon.
What Are Some Surprising Things You Can Buy On Amazon SNAP?
There are strict rules about what items can be purchased with SNAP benefits. But you might be surprised by what items are available on Amazon that are eligible for SNAP. Using SNAP you can buy these surprising items on Amazon:
- Coffee Pods and Coffee Syrups: This can include Nespresso pods and Torani Syrups.
- Engery Drinks: Like Celsuis or Monster.
- Emergency Food Kits: Such as kits for one person or groups of four.
- Sprinkles and Frosting: Examples include rainbow sprinkles and buttercream frosting.
- Gourmet Food Gift Baskets: Give one that comes with a tote or a snack variety gift basket.
- Herb Growing Supplies: Get an herb variety seed pack or reusable herb beds.
- Protein Powders/Meal Supplements: Like Premier Protein Shakes or Optimum Nutrition Protein Powder.
- Games That Involve Food: Including a Gummy Candy Lab.
- Tea Gift Sets: This one even includes a tea infuser.
- Photo Box: As long as it has food, like this one.
- Charcuterie Board Food Set: You can even find some that include a cutting board and cheese knife, like this set.
- Spices: This spice set even includes a spice rack.
Keep in mind that not every food under these categories will be SNAP-eligible so you will need to check if the item you wish to purchase is eligible. Since most foods are eligible to be paid for with SNAP benefits there is a wide range of items on Amazon that you may not be able to find in the grocery store that you can pay for with your SNAP benefits.
What Can You Buy On Amazon With EBT?
Items that are available for purchase on Amazon that meet the requirements for SNAP/EBT benefits are labeled as SNAP/EBT eligible. You can buy a wide range of groceries and food items on Amazon with your SNAP benefits like:
- Fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, and canned)
- Fish and other seafood (fresh, frozen, and canned)
- Dairy products such as milk, butter, cheese, and yogurt (fresh and shelf-stable food)
- Pork, beef, poultry, and other meat products (fresh, frozen, and canned)
- Fish and other seafood items (fresh, frozen, and canned)
- Sugar, oil, flour, cake mixes, and other baking items
- Soda and juice
- Cooked goods such as cookies, pies, cakes, and other such items
- Nuts, crackers, pretzels, chips, and other snacks
- Pizza, potatoes, and other freezer aisle items
- Mustard, ketchup, and other condiments
- Honey, sugar, maple syrup, and other natural and artificial sweeteners
- Spices and seasonings (dried, powdered, and extracted)
Always look for the SNAP/EBT eligible label on listing for food items. And if you’re buying items from a third-party seller be sure to check their payment policies before ordering.
What Can’t You Buy On Amazon With EBT?
Just like when you shop in the grocery store or a big box store there are items that you can’t buy with SNAP benefits on Amazon. The items on Amazon that aren’t eligible for SNAP include:
- Household goods
- Beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Cleaning and household supplies
- Hygiene products
- Pet foods
- Medicines, vitamins, and supplements
However, you can split the payment for your Amazon order. If you’re doing one Amazon order you can apply your SNAP benefits to any groceries or items that are SNAP eligible and then use a debit, credit, or gift card to pay for other items.