Do I qualify for the little person disability at 4'11"

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/21/2011 - 19:38

I am 4' 11" tall and i am wondering if I qualify for disability?


In reply to by Liberty (not verified)

Wed, 07/05/2017 - 16:33 Permalink

Hi Liberty,

I am sorry to hear that. In some cases one can be approved for higher monthly benefits.


Jane (not verified)
Thu, 07/06/2017 - 02:11 Permalink

I am 4'9 and I have vertigo that attacks me and chronic bronchitis and wavey arteries that causes shortness of breath can I quality for ssi

Christie (not verified)
Tue, 07/11/2017 - 07:18 Permalink

I have arthritis in both knees i get the cordizone shots every 3 months and they don't work i can't stand or sit down for long periods of time do i qualify for disability

Kim Torres (not verified)
Tue, 07/11/2017 - 09:14 Permalink

I'm 4'11 in height do I qualify for disability


In reply to by Kim Torres (not verified)

Tue, 07/11/2017 - 12:41 Permalink

Hi Kim,

If you are simply 4'11 and do not have a disability, you will not qualify for benefits.
Best Wishes,

Anonymous (not verified)
Tue, 07/11/2017 - 20:51 Permalink

I'm only 4ft 6 and 59 years old do I qualify


In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Wed, 07/12/2017 - 09:58 Permalink

Hi there,
If your stature makes you unable to work, you may be eligible for benefits.

Anonymous (not verified)
Sat, 07/15/2017 - 18:26 Permalink

are you considered a midget if your 4-11

Rebekah (not verified)
Sun, 07/16/2017 - 03:30 Permalink

Hi there
I am 4'8 and over weight, i have scoliosis and hypertension blood pressure , also i have sever pains in my feet and hands. I have sever anxiety and depression. Do you think I qualify for Disability?

Laura grace (not verified)
Mon, 07/17/2017 - 18:28 Permalink

I am 4 foot 9. I sometimes have pains in legs and arms


In reply to by Laura grace (not verified)

Tue, 07/18/2017 - 09:32 Permalink

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear that. You would qualify if conditions associated with your stature make you unable to work.

Jennifer.. in… (not verified)
Sat, 07/22/2017 - 02:33 Permalink

I'm 4 10. Oct 2016 i had a ceftriaxone injection on the right hip posterior. On Nov 11 2016 I went to walk in clinic (same hospital ) and different doctor noted firm area probable hematoma. Had MRI/Lumbar spine done July 6 2017, on 31st of July have Nuero appointment. I have had pain in my back in the area from the shot since the "knot" seems to have moved or something, maybe dissolved. The pain runs all down to my toes, sometimes sharp pains and several times at once. I have been in the last 3 to 4 weeks become dizzy and light headed and have been diagnosed with diabetes and it is staying above 200. I am not sure what to do, who to go to. Do i find a different doctor, since these are the ones who have started the issues with the shot, will my insurance company conspire with the hospital? Who can I trust? I have limited time to let the insurance company know for they have to sent a letter asking if this is from a car accident or job accident so another insurance company can pay. I dont want to get hurt more than i am already.

Anna (not verified)
Mon, 07/31/2017 - 11:35 Permalink

I have a 1/2 sister who is 4'8 and shes been on SSI since she was a child, and she is 46ys old. She is married to a guy that refuses to work but they have 5 children. she has 3 girls that are just like her. 4'11 and under to 4'7. she has has claimed to not know how to read , but yet she has a drivers licences to drive. 1 of her children a boy is on SSI because he had a problems when he was born, now he is 6ys old and still on SSI , walking and talking. My sister has taught her kids to lie about them reading , learning ability. so they get SSI.. They are making a high $$$$ living. but again her husband refused to do any kind of work.. So her children can work but the education from parents to hender them. Yes to who reads this. I have read some of your post. If U act like U cant be around people and are afraid , U do get SSI. How do i know that I have/had a sister who acted like she was so depressed, cant be around people, she doesnt like being yelled at, rather smoke and sit at home , just as i have a sister in laws brother who did the same thing and he gets SSI. so they get Doctors who actually believe them and thats how they got SSI.. so they just sit there and complain , and are happy.. so now also, Smokers, Alcoholics can get SSI , Durgs abuser get SSI. they just choose to do so, because they know that its there...

Kennedy C (not verified)
Wed, 08/02/2017 - 02:04 Permalink

Hello. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, Depression and extreme anxiety. I have been going to a therapist and psychiatrist for this for several years and still am. I'm on medication as well. However my anxiety is so bad that I can't go into stores or other public places by myself without having a panic attack. Even when I'm in crowds of people I know I'm safe with I break down sometimes to the point of crying hysterically. Is there anyway I could get help?


In reply to by Kennedy C (not verified)

Wed, 08/02/2017 - 09:55 Permalink

Hi There,

I am very sorry to hear that. You may be able to qualify for Social Security benefits. You can go to the SSA's website and fill out an application online.

Best Wishes,

Add new comment

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.