Lump sum back payment

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 09/26/2011 - 13:04

I received two lump sum payments, but I have not spent all of the funds. I want to make a funeral arrangement and buy a car. How soon must I spend the lump sum payment.

George (not verified)
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 07:27 Permalink

I was wondering if you get ur metro pay if you got to reapply

Sat, 10/28/2017 - 19:38 Permalink

If i have been approved fully favored by the judge I started getting my check in October how long will it take for my back time pay from SSD and also I was approved for SSI Back Time pay only

Tue, 10/31/2017 - 09:47 Permalink

I could not say if you are eligible for back pay for both, you may want to refer to any documents the SSA sent you regarding what you are eligible for.

Sun, 10/29/2017 - 05:56 Permalink

I have not received any of my son's back pay and won't receive his first monthly payment till November. If I have a three day notice will I be able to go and receive a install of his back pay

Tue, 10/31/2017 - 09:56 Permalink

You may be able to do so, it's may be a good idea to contact your local SSA office regarding this.

Ronald Dell Tittle (not verified)
Sun, 10/29/2017 - 17:11 Permalink

I am on SSI & I need an advancement or a loan on my SSI checks because I am broke,disabled,and I just had AAA bypass surgery plus I am homeless and disabled. Please help me if you will?

Taja (not verified)
Wed, 11/01/2017 - 00:52 Permalink

If I received my back pay check for ssi on October 29,2017 would they give me my regular ssi check on the first of November as well?

Tonia (not verified)
Wed, 11/01/2017 - 21:21 Permalink

Question for a friend, he was awarded ssa for his wife who has now pasted away, they keep telling him they are looking to see if he owes anything to the state before they will release his funds, do they deduct from his ssa lump sum any Medicaid they had received when his wife was hospitalized? Thank you

Alainia (not verified)
Fri, 11/03/2017 - 00:26 Permalink

I sm receiving ssi and ss when i get my back pay can i use that money to repay family members that i owe

Shantrec Terry (not verified)
Fri, 11/03/2017 - 11:59 Permalink

How long does it take to release back pay from ssi because I always received 2 in November 2016 and one in May 23 when will the next one will be released

Lala (not verified)
Fri, 11/03/2017 - 21:57 Permalink

My son got approved for benefits back in may 2017 and I received my first back payment in may its now 6months later my question is do I have to go in to request the second payment or is it automatic please help me...

Paula Miller (not verified)
Sun, 11/05/2017 - 23:32 Permalink

What number do you call to have your missed payment if your supposed to get it on the first of the month

Angie (not verified)
Tue, 11/07/2017 - 21:33 Permalink

I have a question, i have a uncle that is dying with terminal cancer, he's pretty much near the end. we signed him up on disability or SSI which ever one he gets, if he passes away right after his first check will his daughter the "Payee" because he can no longer speak. Is she allowed to keep at the back pay? he may not even make it to see his first check.

Sherry (not verified)
Wed, 11/08/2017 - 18:56 Permalink

Can I get advance on back pay

In reply to by Sherry (not verified)

Fri, 11/10/2017 - 12:59 Permalink

Hi Sherry,
You may be able to do so if you're able to show an urgent need for it. It may be a good idea to contact your local SSA office regarding this.

Thu, 11/09/2017 - 16:24 Permalink

I would like to do the same thing (purchase a car and life insurance), how can I receive some of my back payment (not all) to handle this?

Ashley hall (not verified)
Thu, 11/09/2017 - 18:13 Permalink

I BEENING trying figure out if I'm still receiving disability,I also was told that me an my brother was supposed to receive my daddy SSI for the rest of our life's please help me find out so I can get things on track for my Good's

Matt (not verified)
Sun, 11/12/2017 - 21:31 Permalink

My mother n law just passed away and she was owed 5000 back pay and was wondering if they will still pay it to help cover the funeral cost or what we needed to do. Thanks in advance

Michelle J (not verified)
Mon, 11/13/2017 - 11:50 Permalink

Hi, can I request my sons back pay to pay home mortgage? My husband no longer works.

Mon, 11/13/2017 - 13:56 Permalink

Does ssi give you your final back pay payment on time

Tue, 11/14/2017 - 09:14 Permalink

Yes, payments are almost always on time. If there is ever a rare instance when it's not, notify the SSA immediately.

Mon, 11/13/2017 - 23:13 Permalink

If I applied for SSI in April 2017 and was approved as of November 2017, how much will my first check be for in the state of CT?

Tue, 11/14/2017 - 09:56 Permalink

how long it take to get your second lump sum

Wed, 11/15/2017 - 06:36 Permalink

Can child support take my back pay?

Wed, 11/15/2017 - 09:29 Permalink

Yes, some disability benefits can be taken to pay child support. But this only applies to Social Security disability insurance benefits (SSDI).

David Dutcher (not verified)
Wed, 11/15/2017 - 15:25 Permalink

I tried for social security and lost back in2011 around then I lost the use of a lung witch they finally took out in2017 it all started in 2009 had heart attacks got 4 out 6 stints lost my case they said I was fine to work with bills and every day living I had no choice but go back to work tryed again after they took my lung and the gave it to me and said I can't get back pay for none of it I don't and dint know how to get any help I thought the lawyers was suppose to help dumb people well I think I got screwed I'm happy I get a 800 dollor a month check but what happens when my wife kicks me to the curb that check won't pay for rent I was. Hoping for that back pay I dint get thanks for letting me vent

Dee (not verified)
Wed, 11/15/2017 - 22:26 Permalink

Hi, my daughter was getting ssi but then her benefits stopped and they owe her another lump sum of money it was due to come in 6months which would make it this month. my question is does the 6 months count as the exact day it came on prior?

In reply to by Dee (not verified)

Mon, 11/20/2017 - 09:03 Permalink

HI Dee,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this as you may need to spend down assets to become eligible for the installment.

Mary (not verified)
Wed, 11/15/2017 - 22:30 Permalink

My son's father is locked up but he was getting ssi before he got locked up. Is there some type of ade that my son is suppose to get due to us having a child support order?

Seaira (not verified)
Thu, 11/16/2017 - 12:33 Permalink

Hi my two kids just received their big lump sum from social security. I want to know does will their regular payments start next month

In reply to by Seaira (not verified)

Fri, 11/17/2017 - 09:21 Permalink

It's tough to say since all cases are different, I would recommend speaking to a SSA representative regarding that.

Rosa jefferies (not verified)
Thu, 11/16/2017 - 14:50 Permalink

I had payee long ago my aunt I got lump sum of money when I was young I never got how can I go back in and get it I won't to take her to court in 12months I got 9,640 long ago after the lump sum I never seen my money this 5 years 48,000 I suppose to be a millionaire right now wonted for nothing can you help please

In reply to by Rosa jefferies (not verified)

Mon, 11/20/2017 - 09:11 Permalink

HI Rosa,
I'm sorry to hear about that! You may need to take your aunt to court regarding this. You may also want to contact the SSA regarding this as it would be benefits fraud.

Steven lawson (not verified)
Thu, 11/16/2017 - 15:33 Permalink

So its been almost been 8 year since last time iv gottin ssi but i got a email saying i have back pay were would i find out more