Approved for Medical now waiting to see if I qualify for medical

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 02/01/2018 - 14:25

Online it states I'm approved for social security disability. I received a letter stating I was approved for the medical but they have not decided whether I qualify under the non medical rules.
Online it shows I have 2 claims. One for SSDI and one for SSI (Disability). I did not apply for SSI disability but this is what it says under that link:

Your SSI (Disability) benefit application is currently processing

Current Status
Step 2 of 3

Processing
01/25/2018
Benefit Application Under Review

01/19/2018
We started reviewing the decision made by the Disability Determination Service for accurate processing of your benefit application.

09/08/2017
The Disability Determination Service for your state started processing the medical portion of your benefit application.

09/08/2017
We started reviewing your SSI (Disability) benefit application.

09/08/2017
Your SSI (Disability) benefit application was received.

The one for SSDI says this:

A decision has been made on your Disability benefit application
Date started:

07/29/2017

Level:

Initial

Social Security Office:

ODO/PC7
I-M-28 1ST FL SW BLDG
1500 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21241-0001

Current Status
Step 3 of 3

Decision
01/26/2018
A Decision Has Been Made On Your Benefit Application

Your claim for Disability benefits has been approved. A detailed notice has been sent to you with your benefit information. For more information, please use the Benefit Verification Letter to check your benefit details.

If you disagree with the decision, you may request an appeal within 60 days of the date on the "Notice of Decision" you receive. A written request of appeal is required. You may use Form SSA-561 (Request for Reconsideration) to submit your request to your local Social Security office.
What does this mean and now that the medical has been approved how long will it take for the non medical. I can view my work history so I know I have enough work history. Thank you in advance

In reply to by Francis (not verified)

Wed, 07/10/2019 - 16:28 Permalink

Hi Francis,

This means your case is still going through the different stages of the review process. Once a decision has been made, you'll receive a letter in the mail. Best of luck!

robin (not verified)
Tue, 09/03/2019 - 16:07 Permalink

i received 2 separate letters from social security administration , one was 2 pages and said they have determined my condition severe and finding of disability for medical , and on same 2 pages states they have not met the decision about where the non medical requiremneyts are met. then the other letter in same envelope weas a page report from the ssa stating we have determined that you ew not entileded to disability benefits based on the clamin you mfiled,the evidence show that you are concidered disbled under the ss rules but couldnot find anything prior to a date of 02/04/2019..pleas help me to understand ty

In reply to by robin (not verified)

Tue, 09/03/2019 - 16:59 Permalink

Hi Robin,

You can be denied for not meeting the technical requirements, such as not having enough work credits for SSDI or having about the income and asset limits for SSI. If you call the SSA, they may have more insight.

In your denial letter, you should also find information on appealing the decision. If you choose to do so, follow the instructions there! Best of luck!

connie s (not verified)
Sat, 09/07/2019 - 21:54 Permalink

I am waiting on a hearing date and this was what was on the website.
A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. Have I been approved without a hearing?

In reply to by connie s (not verified)

Mon, 09/09/2019 - 16:27 Permalink

Hi Connie,

You have to meet both medical and technical qualifications for disability benefits. It sounds like they have determined a decision on whether or not you medically qualify and are still reviewing your claim to see if you meet the other qualifications.

Crystal (not verified)

In reply to by connie s (not verified)

Tue, 01/07/2020 - 15:20 Permalink

Hi Connie

I am in the same process and are waiting on a hearing date and when I check it says that a medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision.

mts

In reply to by Crystal (not verified)

Fri, 01/10/2020 - 14:53 Permalink

Hi Crystal,

There are a couple of parts to a disability application. The medical part and the technical part. It seems like they have completed the medical part and are now working on the technical part.

CM

In reply to by connie s (not verified)

Fri, 02/28/2020 - 12:33 Permalink

Hi Connie,

CM

In reply to by connie s (not verified)

Fri, 02/28/2020 - 12:33 Permalink

Hi Connie,

Karla (not verified)
Fri, 09/13/2019 - 16:59 Permalink

What does it mean when my disability application says: “We are processing the medical portion of your application. If more information is needed, we will contact you directly?”

mts

In reply to by Karla (not verified)

Sat, 09/14/2019 - 13:06 Permalink

Hi Karla,

This means that they are reviewing your case. There are two sets of criteria that you have to meet. The medical side and the technical side. They are still reviewing to make sure that you qualify medically.

ALESIA ANN ROB… (not verified)

In reply to by mts

Mon, 10/21/2019 - 03:26 Permalink

I want to know the Dissability Determination Boards Decision on my Dissability claim .

In reply to by ALESIA ANN ROB… (not verified)

Tue, 10/22/2019 - 17:30 Permalink

Hi Alesia Ann Robe,

You'll receive a letter in the mail stating your decision once one is made. If you are approved or denied, the letter will explain why the decision was made and your next steps. Best of luck!

Paddy (not verified)
Sat, 09/14/2019 - 11:10 Permalink

It says my claim is processing does that mean I'm Approved for Disability benefits?? I need a straight answer, is that a good sign?

In reply to by Paddy (not verified)

Mon, 09/16/2019 - 16:47 Permalink

Hi Paddy,

It means they are still working on reviewing your claim and have not made a decision yet. Once they do, you'll receive a letter in the mail explaining if you were approved or denied and why. Best of luck!

Keisha (not verified)
Mon, 11/11/2019 - 20:02 Permalink

I went to court may 15 and was waiting for a decision after so i kept calling and they said i have another court date to see the judge again what dose that mean and i cheked my online status it says they have made a medical decision and there waiting to process the decision im so confused why i have to go back to court when i already went i have to go jan 27 please help

In reply to by Keisha (not verified)

Thu, 11/14/2019 - 17:03 Permalink

Hi Keisha,

They may still need more information to make a decision on your claim, which is why they are requesting you go in again.

Erica (not verified)
Fri, 11/22/2019 - 15:32 Permalink

What does it mean if my case is pending?

Athena (not verified)
Wed, 12/11/2019 - 21:32 Permalink

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information. If a medical decision has been made why are they still reviewing it ?

mts

In reply to by Athena (not verified)

Thu, 12/12/2019 - 17:23 Permalink

Hi Athena,

There are two parts to qualifying. The medical and the technical qualifications that look at your work history. If the medical decision has been made, It is likely that they are just reviewing the technical part.

Branden (not verified)
Wed, 12/18/2019 - 02:48 Permalink

What does the technical part mean

mts

In reply to by Branden (not verified)

Fri, 12/20/2019 - 13:53 Permalink

Hi Branden,

To qualify for disability benefits, there is some specific criteria that you have to meet on top of the medical. They will be taking a look at the applicants work history to see if they have received enough credits to qualify. To qualify for SSDI you have to "pay into" the system via income taxes. You can earn up to four credits a year and the amount you need to qualify is based on your age.

Terri (not verified)
Wed, 01/22/2020 - 17:41 Permalink

What does it mean a medical decision has been made and we are working to process your application and a hearing has been scheduled.

Laura (not verified)
Thu, 01/30/2020 - 03:00 Permalink

Hi I am on my first initial application, it’s been 5 months. I received a call from my dds examiner that said the medical portion is complete she is o my waiting for the record from my last psych appointment since they seen my medication had been put up to a higher dose 2 weeks ago. I not only have documented sever back promblems I also suffer from anxiety depression Nd bipolar disorder. I have not been to any of there Dr’s just a lot of documents from my regular physician. She said once she gets report from my psychiatrist she will see about expedited my case. Can someone explaim

In reply to by Laura (not verified)

Thu, 01/30/2020 - 16:47 Permalink

Hi Laura,

Sometimes the SSA will make a decision without you even having to see one of their doctors. I would continue to follow up and promptly send any information they ask for to try to speed up the process. Best of luck!

Kristi (not verified)
Wed, 02/05/2020 - 10:50 Permalink

Hi,
I received a letter from ALJ stating fully favorable for ssdi. Still waiting on decision for ssi. But when I go online it states that my case was sent to the appeals council for review. How much longer til I start getting payments and my backpay?

mts

In reply to by Kristi (not verified)

Wed, 02/05/2020 - 16:48 Permalink

Hi Kristi,

Generally it takes 1-2 months before you begin receiving payments. Back pay typically takes longer than that. If you worked with an attorney, you can contact them because they will receive their payments first and then you will receive yours shortly after.

Mary (not verified)
Fri, 03/06/2020 - 00:08 Permalink

What dose steps 2out of 3 prossing mean

mts

In reply to by Mary (not verified)

Fri, 03/06/2020 - 13:40 Permalink

Hi,

There are a few steps to the disability benefits process. You have to be able to qualify both medically and technically. It seems like the application is still being looked at.

Ashley H Brougham (not verified)
Wed, 03/25/2020 - 22:46 Permalink

I did a phone application on March 4, 2020 and on the SSA website it says that the disability determination center is currently processing my application but with the covid 19 happening no progress has been made and I haven't received any paperwork from my local social security office since then what do I do to find out if I was approved or not do I call the determination center or the social security office or do I keep waiting?

In reply to by Ashley H Brougham (not verified)

Thu, 03/26/2020 - 16:09 Permalink

Hi Ashley,

It can take some time for the SSA to determine if you are eligible for benefits. You can check you MySSA account for updates, call, or check in with your lawyer (if you worked with one). Best of luck!

Robert Royal (not verified)
Mon, 08/03/2020 - 17:56 Permalink

Disability Determination Pending

The Disability Determination Service for your state is processing the medical portion of your benefit application. If they need additional information or evidence from you, they will contact you directly.

CM

In reply to by Robert Royal (not verified)

Sat, 08/22/2020 - 21:08 Permalink

Hi Robert,
This means the SSA is still processing your application. You will receive the final decision in the mail or online.