I won my case

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I received notification on the 22nd, that i had won my Adjudication and Review. The Decision was "Fully Favorable".

How long now is the "average" wait period for payments to begin? Any help on this will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

CRB

Terri (not verified)
Sat, 06/17/2017 - 11:32 Permalink

I'm a little confused. I received a call from my attorney saying I was approved except for we needed to go regarding my back pay and I needed to sign something so that he could get paid. He said to make sure I had all my Dr's visits together from a certain point. I've had my hearing and was denied and paid a filing fee of around $400 and it's been well over 2 years since my original hearing. I'm confused as to where we are are? Can anyone help?

Bryan

In reply to by Terri (not verified)

Mon, 06/19/2017 - 09:25 Permalink

Hi Terri,
He may just want to finalize some aspects of your case, including any fees the lawyer may be asking for. In addition, he may also be getting ready for an ALJ hearing, where a judge determines your ability to work.

Terri (not verified)

In reply to by Bryan

Wed, 06/21/2017 - 16:02 Permalink

We are getting ready for a Federal Court review. What are the chances of a good outcome of this hearing? The form I signed was a EAJA form. How many cases go that far? Why did it go that far? Honestly do I have a chance to win? This has been a 7 year process I have only gotten worse with new problems since I originally filed. These 7 yrs have put such a financial burden on my husband and my family the stress of that alone is horrendous and for it to end up not in my favor will be devastating.

Eric

In reply to by Terri (not verified)

Thu, 06/22/2017 - 16:26 Permalink

Hi Terri,

It's tough to for sure because every case is different and so is every federal judge. However, the more evidence you have, the better chances you have winning your case. Wishing you nothing but the best.

-Eric

Terri (not verified)

In reply to by Eric

Thu, 06/22/2017 - 20:28 Permalink

One major problem I had at my hearing was everything I had been told for multiple years by a Dr was not documented. So it kind of made me look like a fool. Fortunately my regular Dr had documented everything through so I felt like that saved me. I've been going through a really tough time personally not just medically this last year and I have not been able to get to my Dr's as much. The toll that it all takes on you is every aspect of your life physically mentally emotionally financially has taken just about everything from me. This has to come through because if it doesn't I truly don't know what I'm going to do.

Kathleen Holifield (not verified)
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 12:32 Permalink

My disability claim is now in appeal; waiting to go before a judge. I suffer with ptsd (combat)and I'm currently in counseling and also have 4 DX, do u think an OTR will be to my advantage?

Eric

In reply to by Kathleen Holifield (not verified)

Mon, 06/19/2017 - 16:53 Permalink

Hi Katheleen,

Sorry to hear that. But it is tough to say because every case/judge is different. Wishing you nothing but the best.

-Eric

Tasha (not verified)
Mon, 07/17/2017 - 17:19 Permalink

I went to a heading on May 25th 2017 how long does it take to hear something from the judhe

Eric

In reply to by Tasha (not verified)

Tue, 07/18/2017 - 09:26 Permalink

Hi Tasha,

Unfortunately there is no black and white answer. However regularly checking your status online and with your lawyer (If you have one) is recommended.

-Eric

Monique (not verified)
Mon, 07/24/2017 - 23:44 Permalink

I went to my hearing Friday July 21,2017 in tyler texas soon as I went in the court room the judge sworn me in I sat there my lawyer was beside me they call the vocational trainer he was on the phone and another guy typing and as soon as the judge looked at my medical records he said there wasn't a reason to carry on I obvious can't work I didn't even have to testify I wasn't in there not even 10mins Glory to God been waiting for 2 in a half years but my lawyer said it can be up to 90days until I hear some and it's not guaranteed until it's on paper

Tammy laws (not verified)

In reply to by Eric

Wed, 08/15/2018 - 11:21 Permalink

My lawyer has already told me i was approved got my letter notice of decision an it is fully favorable was wanting to know when I will b receive my first check

Cheryl (not verified)
Tue, 07/25/2017 - 19:34 Permalink

I got the decision letter stating fully favorable. When do I get my award letter

Bryan

In reply to by Cheryl (not verified)

Wed, 07/26/2017 - 09:23 Permalink

Hi Cheryl,
I really couldn't say, every case is different and can take varying amounts of time. Hang in there!

Cherry (not verified)
Thu, 07/27/2017 - 00:55 Permalink

I received a call by my advocate 7/7/17-my appeal was approved by the judge.I was also told how much I will receive by SS office but . I would have to wait till I receive a award letter to bring to office.How long will this take to get letter from judge?

Eric

In reply to by Cherry (not verified)

Thu, 07/27/2017 - 09:26 Permalink

Hi Cherry,

Congrats on getting approved! However, it's really tough to say. I would check in from time to time with your SSD advocate.

-Eric

April (not verified)
Fri, 08/04/2017 - 08:11 Permalink

Hello,
My case has been in a dire need status since February of this year and we FINALLY had my disability hearing on June 30th here in Waco Texas. According to my legal aid we are still in post hearing development to render a decision keeping in mind I am a dire need case. I have to usually put fire under her butt for anything to happen. Like get my own medical records and I'm seriously disabled. Any thoughts on time etc. Please help. No one else is :-(

Jean Webb (not verified)
Tue, 08/29/2017 - 23:12 Permalink

My judge made a bench decision on August 14th, and I won my case. I was told I would see mone in 2 -4 weeks it will be 3 weeks on the 9-4-17, they only thing I have received was after 1 week from the court that I won my case , no amount or how much back pay or monthly pay was on that paper. I am getting 27 months of back pay, is there a way I can put my SS number in the system and that can give me some idea how much I am getting? Thanks Jean Webb

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!