I won my case

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I received notification on the 22nd, that i had won my Adjudication and Review. The Decision was "Fully Favorable".

How long now is the "average" wait period for payments to begin? Any help on this will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

CRB

Bryan

In reply to by Miyoshi (not verified)

Mon, 01/29/2018 - 11:57 Permalink

HI Miyoshi,
Since every case is different, it can take varying amounts of time for the SSA to send you a decision letter.

Lynn (not verified)
Sat, 02/03/2018 - 15:07 Permalink

Just received my notice I'm fully favorable. If I receive back pay do they take taxes out?

Bryan

In reply to by Lynn (not verified)

Tue, 02/06/2018 - 16:58 Permalink

HI Lynn,
They may not take taxes out of your award, however you may want to contact the SSA regarding this.

Pittman (not verified)
Mon, 02/05/2018 - 00:36 Permalink

Went to court 1/2017 the judge has been collecting my records he finally made decision after verifying my income is this good it's such a long wait

Bryan

In reply to by Pittman (not verified)

Thu, 02/08/2018 - 09:17 Permalink

Hi there,
I really could not say, it does take some time for an ALJ to render their decision and have it written.

Tallman (not verified)
Tue, 02/06/2018 - 03:19 Permalink

I appeared in front of the ALJ at the hearing on 1/30/2018 and he determined that my current illnesses cause chronic absenteeism resulting in at least four or more missed days of work per month. He then asked for the letter from my primary care provider stating that my current illnesses cause chronic absenteeism resulting in at least four or more missed days of work per month. Now I am waiting. How long till I receive payment and how much does child support take out?

Bryan

In reply to by Tallman (not verified)

Thu, 02/08/2018 - 12:05 Permalink

Hi Tallman,
Every case is different and as such it can take varying amounts of time to receive a decision. Also, child support laws vary by state, so I really could not say. You may want to consult your state's laws about child support in this case.

Sunshine (not verified)
Fri, 02/09/2018 - 17:44 Permalink

Dire needed? I went into Ssi and gave them my eviction paper and disconnection bills due Or already disconnected. I have been verbally told by the Judge I was approved. How long does it take for Ssi to get back b4 the courts put me Kids out? A few days

Deanna

In reply to by Sunshine (not verified)

Thu, 02/15/2018 - 11:24 Permalink

Hi Sunshine,
Unfortunately it might take a few months, but you could always call the SSA and request expedited payments due to hardship.

Theresa Jordan (not verified)
Sat, 02/10/2018 - 10:34 Permalink

I went to my hearing yesterday; the judge said: "I hope this helps you and I am recommending in favor of." I then asked, "Have I been approved?" He then said you will hear from social security by mail. What does this mean?

Eric

In reply to by Theresa Jordan (not verified)

Mon, 02/12/2018 - 16:57 Permalink

Hi Theresa,

It just means that you will be getting an official verdict in the mail.

Manda (not verified)
Sat, 02/10/2018 - 13:09 Permalink

I had got a letter in the mail saying they will be giving me my date to go to a video hearing ...how long will it take to get a date set up for for disability benefits

Jessica (not verified)
Mon, 02/12/2018 - 15:06 Permalink

My lawyer and I received my award letter on July 11th, 2017, and also have a # I can use to check on status, but each time I check all I get is pending status, and when I call the office where I had my hearing I keep getting the same BS about there being only 2 people to type up the awards letters for the people who have been approved and that's the reason I am still being given 8 months after I was awarded benefits! Something just doesn't sound right about this whole situation, and I don't know how to go forward and find out what is going on! The secretary for my lawyer just keeps saying to keep checking and I never even get to speak with him! This seems so wrong, like it's got to be unconstitutional or something! My family is such dire need and my husband can't go on trying to make all the ends meet that just don't! What do I do?

Deanna

In reply to by Jessica (not verified)

Thu, 02/15/2018 - 11:28 Permalink

Hi Jessica,
That is absolutely ridiculous! 8 months is about twice as long as I'd expect to wait for disability benefits. Have you called the SSA directly and not your attorney? The ODAR office may not be able to help. You can also check the status of your payment on your MySSA account online.

Mik (not verified)
Sun, 02/18/2018 - 19:25 Permalink

I had my hearing on Nov 28th 2017. The judge stated she would have my answer in 2 months. It’s noe Feb 2018. I do have an atty but I feel like they have been much help. I on 3 years disability now with no income, can’t work and am still waiting for the decision. Any idea how ugh longer this will take? Thanks all
Mik

Fuddy (not verified)
Mon, 02/19/2018 - 13:41 Permalink

Judge gave me a fullyfavorable decision Jan 17.2018. Online status says appeal for SSD, SSI is currently processing. What does it mean.

Deanna

In reply to by Fuddy (not verified)

Thu, 02/22/2018 - 11:37 Permalink

Hi Fuddy,
Sounds like they're still processing your claim and haven't determined if you're eligible for SSI and SSDI at the same time.

Susan (not verified)
Wed, 02/21/2018 - 17:21 Permalink

Hello, I had my hearing almost 4 weeks ago. 1/26/2018. The judge stated that it was a fully favorable decision. I haven't received anything from social security. I did check with my attorney, she said my case was waiting to be written. ..that was 3 weeks ago. Should I be concerned?
Is there anything I can check or speak to find more information on my case?

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!