You are here

Claim status

635 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi April,

Hi April,

It sounds like the SSA is still evaluating your claim and if you qualify. The phrase "medical decision has been made" is very common. It does not mean that you were approved or denied. The SSA is still looking into other factors that impact your eligibility. Best of luck!

Jen
What does it mean when it

What does it mean when it says that a medical decision has been made and they are working on processing your decision what does this mean does anybody have an answer

Hi Jen,

Hi Jen,

It sounds like the SSA is still evaluating your claim and if you qualify. The phrase "medical decision has been made" is very common. It does not mean that you were approved or denied. The SSA is still looking into other factors that impact your eligibility.

Elizabeth Johnson
I checked status of my claim

I checked status of my claim and on 10/7/19 it says: Appeal Under Review
A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Hi Elizabeth,

Hi Elizabeth,

It sounds like the SSA is still evaluating your claim and if you qualify. The phrase "medical decision has been made" is very common. It does not mean that you were approved or denied. The SSA is still looking into other factors that impact your eligibility. Best of luck!

Jean
What does this mean???

What does this mean???

11/13/2019
Disability Determination Decision Under Review

Your benefit application is currently under review for processing accuracy. Once the review is complete, we will continue processing your benefit application.

08/03/2019
The Disability Determination Service for your state started processing the medical portion of your benefit application.

08/01/2019
We started reviewing your Disability benefit application.

07/31/2019
Your Disability benefit application was submitted.

Hi Jean,

Hi Jean,

It looks like your application is still being processed. At this point in the process, it is mostly a waiting game.

Latoya
Im waiting on a decision for

Im waiting on a decision for my son. He was found disabled, by going through a hearing. Now under review.. what does this mean?

Hi Latoya,

Hi Latoya,

It sounds like they are still reviewing the details of the case. Unfortunately this takes a little bit of time as they have to make sure that your family meets the financial and technical qualifications.

Rocky
Called the social security

Called the social security office I had my hearing Nov 6th the sso said my case was pending what does that mean

Hi Rocky,

Hi Rocky,

"Pending" means they are still reviewing your claim and have not made a decision yet. Once a decision is made, you should receive a letter in the mail explaining if you were approved or denied and why. Best of luck!

Anonymous
When your claim is pending is

When your claim is pending is that good or bad?

Hi,

Hi,

This just means that they are in the process of reviewing your case. At this point it will require a little waiting.

Nina
what is the message I have

what is the message I have mean
Your appeal for Disability benefits is currently processing
did I win my disability case

Hi Nina,

Hi Nina,

It means that the SSA is still working on your claim and have not made a decision yet. You'll receive a letter in the mail once a decision is made. Best of luck!

Danielle
I was suppose to get the date

I was suppose to get the date for my hearing but instead they said they reached a medical decision and are processing ur decision I called sa and they said they were in my financials what does that mean

Hi Danielle,

Hi Danielle,

It sounds like the decided if you medically qualify for benefits. The SSA will also look at your assets and income to establish if you qualify for SSI, so they may now be looking into that.

Anonymous
Hi had a question my

Hi had a question my disability benifit was denied do to not enough work credits but it was reopened because they made a mistake i do have enough work credits, now it says that its on step 2 processing and it says they are reviewing it and may contact me if need be what does this mean and if i was denied the first time would it have said i was denied for medical and credits or just the one

Hi There,

Hi There,

If it says you're on step 2 then it means that they are still looking over your claim to see if you qualify for benefits.

When you were denied the first time, it should have outlined why in the letter they sent explaining the decision.

Lanier
I applied for disability for

I applied for disability for my daughter who is adhd. She was denied first time. I did an appeal and she now has a worker. The worker told me to send anymore documents i may need to send and the doctor will take a look at all of it...could this be a good or bad thing? What could it mean? Thanks

Hi Lanier,

Hi Lanier,

It means that they are looking to gather more information on your daughter's claim to make a decision. It's neither good nor bad, just that they want to make sure they have enough information on her medical condition before deciding if she is approved or denied.

Vickey Ramey vance
If it says my ssid was denied

If it says my ssid was denied and it dont show the other one does that im denied for both

Hi Vickey,

Hi Vickey,

It's possible to be denied for SSDI but approved for SSI. If you applied for both, then they may still be processing your claim for SSI.

DJ Jammer
I called my lawyer office and

I called my lawyer office and she said my case went well they rated it an 8 and now my filed is at the writer office
The JUDGE also said favorable
The VE said there's no job I can do
Please Tell me what are they saying

Hi DJ,

Hi DJ,

It sounds like most agree you are unable to work. If your claim is "filed at the writer office" it means they are likely writing up a decision letter to send to you. This will explain if you were approved or denied and why. Best of luck!

Dana Sherwood
What does a pending claim for

What does a pending claim for social security mean? In June applied for disability for my 4 year daughter that has autism, conduct Disorder, ADHD, separation anxiety, PTSD, sleep insomia and real bad asthma. Well she got denied because Social Security feels my 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CAN WORK.... In November I got a lawyer and reapplied for disability for her. I just called social security to see what's going on with her case as I haven't heard anything about my daughter's claim yet. The lady I talked to said my daughter's claim is pending but I'm not sure what that means.....

Hi Dana,

Hi Dana,

Pending means they still have not made a decision and still processing your daughter's claim to see if she qualifies.

Mary
My case for disability has

My case for disability has been closed as of January 6 2020 what does that mean is it good or bad

Hi Mary,

Hi Mary,

This might actually be a question for your attorney. In an SSDI case, the attorney will be paid first and therefore would know the results of the case first.
If they do not know, I would recommend giving a call to the SSA.

Damas G Osborne
Yes I was wondering if a

Yes I was wondering if a determination had been made on my social security claim

Hi Damas,

Hi Damas,

We're not affiliated with the SSA, so that is not something we can help you with. You can try calling the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 or making a MySSA account online to check your claim status.

James kidd
I need help today my claim

I need help today my claim disappeared on the ssdi then when i called they said a letter is sent to me but cant tell me yes or no can someone tell me anything

Hey James!

Hey James!

It sounds like the SSA made a decision on your claim. The letter they are referring to will explain whether or no you were approved. If you were approved, it should also state how much you'll be receiving as well as if you'll be receiving back pay. If you were denied, it will say why and the next steps for appealing the decision. If they already sent the letter, then you should be receiving it soon.

Quiana
I applied for SSI 6 months

I applied for SSI 6 months ago. I received a letter saying "we reached a favorable determination. What does that mean?

Hi Quiana,

Hi Quiana,

It sounds like you were likely approved! If that is the case, you should receive an awards letter stating how much you will be receiving and if you were approved for back pay.

Jeremy
I called today about my claim

I called today about my claim status and they said they made a decision and tht my case was closed any idea what tht means

Hi Jeremy,

Hi Jeremy,

It sounds like they made a decision. You should receive a letter in the mail shortly. It will explain if you were approved or denied and the next steps to take.

Kristi
My husband received a letter

My husband received a letter granting him ssi in October But when I check the status on my social security it says it was denied.

Hi Kristi,

Hi Kristi,

It could be that he was denied SSDI. Because we are not affiliated with the SSA, we do not know the specific details. I would call the SSA to clarify if he was approved or denied SSI.

Hi Kristi,

Hi Kristi,

It could be that he was denied SSDI. Because we are not affiliated with the SSA, we do not know the specific details. I would call the SSA to clarify if he was approved or denied SSI.

Angela Watson
My attorney said that my

My attorney said that my court hearing went well and they said I can’t do the jobs I used to do anymore and the judge is preparing a decision does that mean she might approve me

Hi Angela,

Hi Angela,

It sounds promising! If you are approved, you'll receive a letter in the mail stating if you were approved or denied. You can also follow up with your lawyer as they often find out before you.

Kelly
I had my hearing in sept and

I had my hearing in sept and my lawyer was fighting for ssi/ssd...i just recently checked my claim on line, and for ssi i was denied...but said for ssd a decision has been made...so my question is if i was denied ssi, they basically means i was denied ssd???im so confused...

Hi Kelly,

Hi Kelly,

You can be approved for one and denied for the other. It may be that your didn't meet the qualifications for SSI but potentially did for SSDI. I would follow up with your lawyer as they often find out if you were approved before you find out.

You should also receive a letter in the mail explaining if you were approved or denied.

Brandi
I was told a decision was

I was told a decision was made on my sons claim but they wouldnt tell me over the phone. Could that mean a positive? I think last time denied they told me on phone. How can I find out

Hi Brandi,

Hi Brandi,

If you worked with a lawyer, I would contact them as they often find out the decision about the claim before you. You can also make a MySSA account.

You should also receive a letter in the mail if a decision was made. It will explain if your son was approved or denied.

Wanda Hopson
medical decision has been

medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information. Does this mean I've been approved?

Hi Wanda,

Hi Wanda,

There are two parts to determining if you are eligible for social security. The first is the medical, the second is the technical which involves work history. It looks like they have made a medical determination, and are now working on the technical side.

Jess225
I applied for SSDI in 2018

I applied for SSDI in 2018 and was denied and again in Oct.2019. Received a call from SSA stating that there is a dilemma in making a discussion on my case because my last surgery is to new. Can you please tell me what does this mean ?

Hi Jess,

Hi Jess,

Some conditions require a specific amount of time to pass after a treatment or surgery before you are eligible for disability benefits. By saying your surgery is "too new" it may be that the required time between the surgery and being eligible for benefits hasn't occurred yet.

Pages

Add new comment