Claim status

477 posts / 0 new
Last post
Donald Kendall ...
Have they made a decision on

Have they made a decision on my claim yet

Hi Donald,

Hi Donald,

I would recommend checking your mySSA account. We are not affiliated with the SSA, so we wouldn't be able to tell you.

milly
good morning, on my online

good morning, on my online ssi says this ; prehearing review; your case file has been sent to an administrative law judge hearing office. we are reviewing the case and developing evidence to support your hearing request.a social security representative may contact you or your appointed representative if we need any add info or documents. we will notify you once we schedule the date time and place.can any tell me what this means, thank you

Hi Milly,

Hi Milly,

It means your request for a hearing regarding your disability claim is being processed. If any more information is needed or you get a hearing then the SSA will contact you or your lawyer (if you're working with one). Good luck!

Lisa Henry
I have tried several times to

I have tried several times to complete a disability application. It stops after my contact info button and says "We cannot process your application at this time". Is this a page error, or are they not going to allow me to apply for some reason?

Hi Lisa,

Hi Lisa,

Are you applying for SSI or SSDI? You can only apply online for SSDI and need to apply in person for SSI. You may want to call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 to find out an exact reason. You can also try applying in person at your local SSA office (make an appointment before you go!).

Sgd
Checking my claim for

Checking my claim for accuracy. What does that mean.

Hi SGD,

Hi SGD,

It means the SSA is still reviewing your application.

Ed
I called the SSI office and

I called the SSI office and they said my reconsideration paper was on review for medical reason what do that mean

Hi Ed,

Hi Ed,

That means they are reviewing your claim to see if you medically qualify. Best of luck!

Tae
I got a closing summary from

I got a closing summary from ssa and it said i was eligible for ssdi but i havnt heard anything about my ssi. But when i go online it say that the dds is processing my application in a representative will get in contact with me if they need any more information

Hi Tae,

Hi Tae,

SSI and SSDI have different technical requirements so it is possible to hear a decision about one while the other is still processing! If you haven't heard anything about SSI then they are still processing your SSI application and may reach out if they need more information.

Juan
Im a disabled Veteran 100% P

Im a disabled Veteran 100% P&T and just filed my SSDI claim about 3 weeks ago.. Does anyone know how soon can an expedited claim take?

Hi Juan,

Hi Juan,

Typically, those who are 100% P&T hear back in a few weeks, so as long as you marked down on your application that you are 100% P&T, you should hear back soon. Best of luck!

Brian
what does it mean when your

what does it mean when your disability application decision has been made and is being reviewed for processing accuracy

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

It means that they are in the putting the final touches on their review. You should be hearing back from the SSA in the near future. Best of luck!

Amelia
I Applied for my son and have

I Applied for my son and have been advocating for him with the help of his lawyer since 2016 I went in front of the judge June 7th My social security account has now changed it now shows representative payee Accounting and report wages. Is it safe to say he was approved?

Hi Amelia,

Hi Amelia,

It sounds like he may have been, but we are not affiliated with the SSA so we can't say for sure. If your son was approved, you should receive a letter in the mail stating so. Until you receive that, you won't know for sure. Good luck!

Janet G Wood
I have been waiting for a

I have been waiting for a while on a descion can you tell me if I was approved

Hi Janet,

Hi Janet,

We are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government, so this isn't something we can help with. You should receive a letter in the mail once a decision has been made. In the meantime, you can check your MySSA account or call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 for updates. If you worked with a lawyer, you can also contact him or her to see if they received a decision yet. Best of luck to you!

Stephanie
What does it mean on the

What does it mean on the website your ssdi disability benfits are being process. Recebtlyhad a hearing about thirty days ago.

Hi Stephanie,

Hi Stephanie,

It means they are still processing your benefits! You'll receive a letter in the mail once a decision has been made.

Stephen
My appeal, disability

My appeal, disability determination decision under review
Your appeal is currently under review for processing accuracy, once the review is completed we will continue processing your appeal.
Does this mean I am approved? Originally did not get past medical review this time after medical review I get this

Hi Stephen,

Hi Stephen,

It doesn't necessarily mean you are approved yet, it just means they are still processing your claim and you should hear back sometime in the near future. Best of luck.

Elizabeth
I applied for ssi benefits

I applied for ssi benefits for my 12 yr old autistic daughter who also suffers from GAD and ADHD inattentive. Most cases are approved in 90 days. It has been 111 i know they are swamped. But i am wondering will i see a direct deposit if she is approved, then receive a letter. How long does it take them to deposit money if claim is approved.

Hi Elizabeth,

Hi Elizabeth,

After you get your approval letter in the mail, it generally takes between 1 to 2 months to receive your first payment.

Lisa
How long does it take to get

How long does it take to get a decision on your claim for disability? My husband has a terminal condition that falls under the Compassionate Allowances. The initial application was submitted the end of February and it has been nearly 5 mo and it still shows; Your benefit application is currently under review for processing accuracy. Once the review is complete, we will continue processing your benefit application. It has shown this for well over a month now.

Hi Lisa,

Hi Lisa,

It generally takes between 3 and 5 months to hear back from the SSA regarding your claim. However, since your husband's condition is on the compassionate allowances, those generally can get expedited quicker. I would recommend calling the SSA and speaking with a representative to seeing about getting that expedited claim.

Cindy
What does this mean, I have

What does this mean, I have been waiting for months now?
Your appeal is currently under review for processing accuracy. Once the review is complete, we will continue processing your appeal.

Hi Cindy,

Hi Cindy,

It means that they are still working to process your application. Best of luck!

Tasha
What does initial mean by

What does initial mean by your application online?

Hi Tasha,

Hi Tasha,

Initial means that it is the first time you're applying and that you are not in the appeals process!

Jackie
I looked my claim on line and

I looked my claim on line and it said ssi pending does this mean i was approved?

Hi Jackie,

Hi Jackie,

It means that your application is still being processed. The SSA will contact you if they need any more information. Once a decision has been made, you'll receive a letter in the mail.

George
I was scheduled for hearing

I was scheduled for hearing in May. Got fully favorable decision without appearing. ssi started in July still waiting for ssdi benefits can you tell what could be taking so long for the ssdi benefits to process

Hi George,

Hi George,

SSI and SSDI have different technical requirements, so they may still be processing your claim to see if you qualify for SSDI.

Cole
i was approved for ssdi but I

i was approved for ssdi but I was told my ssi claim is at the local office still being processed what does that mean? am I not approved or what

Hi Cole,

Hi Cole,

There are two different standards for each which is why it might be taking a little longer for a decision on your SSI claim.

Linda
What does it means my case is

What does it means my case is pending

Hi Linda,

Hi Linda,

When it says "pending" that means that they have not made a decision on your case yet and are still processing it. Best of luck!

Mildred Ferrer
A medical decision has been

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Martha Mayon
How can I find out if I&#039

How can I find out if I'm approved for my disability? Month- September 2019

Hi Martha,

Hi Martha,

You'll receive a letter in the mail once a decision is made. If you worked with a lawyer, you can contact them to see if they heard anything. They often hear a decision before you receive your letter. Best of luck!

Brandon
How do I ask you a question?

How do I ask you a question?

Hi Brandon,

Hi Brandon,

You can post on the forum and we will do our best to answer your question. If you would like you can also send us a message on facebook.

Hi Brandon,

Hi Brandon,

You can post on the forum and we will do our best to answer your question. If you would like you can also send us a message on facebook.

Cathy
So if you have a medical

So if you have a medical condition that match the listing do they automatically approve your ssdi

Hi Cathy,

Hi Cathy,

Approval is not automatic because there are two parts to qualifying for SSDI. The first is the medical part, the second is the technical part which takes into consideration your personal work history.

Lakeo

Status: a medical decision have been made. Why do I still have to attend a hearing if the decision has been made. Please help! Can someone give me an answer. This have been going on for 3 years.

Hi Lakeo,

Hi Lakeo,

That does not mean they have made a decision your claim overall, it just means they have made a decision on if you medically qualify. There are other qualifications that need to be met as well and it's likely the SSA is still working to establish if you meet those qualifications.

Pages

Add new comment