You are here

Claim status

617 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi Dawn,

Hi Dawn,

I am sorry to hear that you got denied. However, that is good that you have an attorney though. They can give you the best chance of winning your appeal. Best of luck.

Jamie
Hi i checked the website and

Hi i checked the website and it said your appeal for disability benefits is currently processing step 2of 3 what does that mean?

Hi Jamie,

Hi Jamie,

They're still in the process of deciding your case.

Clarence Payne
Please inform me the decision

Please inform me the decision they made on my case

Hi Clarence,

Hi Clarence,

We are not affiliated with the SSA, so unfortunately, we cannot assist you with that. You can call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 and speak with a representative there.

D. Ottinger
Social security said my claim

Social security said my claim is being finalized..good news or bad?

Hello,

Hello,

It's not something to be concerned about. You should be getting your decision in the mail soon. Best of luck!

James K
Dec 19

Dec 19

Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.

Then I called the 800 number on Jan 2 spoke to a nice gentleman who asked some basic info like dob ss# mother’s maiden name and he typed for a few minutes then told me I was approved on the 22 I said approved and he said yes fully approved he said I should be getting a letter soon but the online site still says that same thing I’m anxious and weary any insight? How long the letter could take

Hi James, I really could not

Hi James, I really could not say, however if the decision has been made you should receive the letter soon.

Anonymous
I'm trying to find the

I'm trying to find the rec or claim number on my application so I can get status but can't find it

We are not affiliated with

We are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government, so we don't have information about your specific case, and we would not be able to process or modify an application. You can contact the SSA by calling them at 1-800-772-1213. You can also find a listing of local offices here:
https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/content/social-security-disabil...

Kandi
A medical decision has been

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application.

Hi Kandi,

Hi Kandi,

This means that they are now determining if you meet the technical qualifications for your application. This includes your work history.

Anonymous
I went and spoke to a

I went and spoke to a repersenative and they said I was approved but haven't heard anything else what does that mean?

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may receive an award letter in the next few months. Hang in there!

Brenda
Hello I just looked online

Hello I just looked online and there a decision made i do have a lawyer working in this on the SSID says denied this one I did w/o a lawyer but the SSD SAYS WORKING TO PROCESS YOUR BENEFIT APP. SO DOES THAT MEAN I GOT DENIED FOR BOTH THE SSD PART WAS THREW THE LAWYER . SO DOES THIS MEAN BAD NEWS FOR BOTH ??

Hi there,

Hi there,
I really could not say, if the SSA indicates that they're processing your application it may not say anything about whether your case is approved or not.

Elephantindrooom
My opinion, i think its

My opinion, i think its always a good sign when your examiner try's to make contact with you during this process. My experience is when the examiner is so quiet and hard to reach on top of if on SSA website' you are able to again view your "estimated benefits" these are signs of denials.

Hi There,

Hi There,

Thanks so much for sharing!

Megan
Mine says processing but I

Mine says processing but I got a card in the mail so is that a good sign that I got approved

Hi Megan,

Hi Megan,
I could not say, you may want to contact the SSA regarding this.

Lena
Your appeal for Disability

Your appeal for Disability benefits is currently processing What does this mean?

Hi Lena,

Hi Lena,
I really could not say, if the SSA indicates that they're processing your application it may not say anything about whether your case is approved or not.

Mechelle
Hello my message read;

Hello my message read;
Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information. What does this mean? I hope it’s positive!!

Hi Mechelle,

Hi Mechelle,

Sounds like they are reviewing your decision. You should hear back from them in the near future!

Kym
Mine Said the exact thing did

Mine Said the exact thing did you get approved?

Anonymous
What does it mean when my

What does it mean when my status says your appeal for disability is currently being processed???

Hi There,

Hi There,

christy
So I was denied SSi as of

So I was denied SSi as of today and the claim for SSD has just disappeard , no decision . No notes, nothing. It still says they can't calculate potential benifits. Why would the ssd claim not be there? At least still processing, or have a decision also??

Hi Christy,

Hi Christy,
I could not say, you may want to contact the SSA regarding this.

Bonnie c
My status says “Your appeal

My status says “Your appeal for disability benefits is currently processing “. It also says Prehearing Review. I have not had a hearing. What does this mean? I think it said pending a few weeks ago

Hi Bonnie,

Hi Bonnie,
It means the SSA is working on your case! You may have a hearing date assigned as well.

danielle wollsc...
What does step two of three

What does step two of three mean when it says processing online status?

Darrell
I live in the one of the

I live in the one of the worst SSA offices as far as wait is concerned, Buffalo Ny. it took 26 months for my hearing which was held on Nov 1st 2017. I called at the end of Dec and was told the decision was made and it was at the decision writers. On Jan 31st my status changed online to "a decision has been made we are working to process your decision" it was dated Jan 26th. I hear different things about the wait time and what it could mean as far as approval goes. any advice to calm my nerves would be appreciated

Hey Darrell,

Hey Darrell,

I am sorry to hear that, different offices have different waiting times and it is a longer process than it should be. If you have an attorney check in with them regularly, if you have additional medical records on your condition you can always submit new evidence. Wishing you nothing but the best.

Tricia
I applied for SSDI. I&#039

I applied for SSDI. I've been checking online and there are two claims.
One for SSDI and the other says SSI (Disability). Under the SSDI it says:

01/26/2018
A Decision Has Been Made On Your Benefit Application

Your claim for Disability benefits has been approved. A detailed notice has been sent to you with your benefit information. For more information, please use the Benefit Verification Letter to check your benefit details.

If you disagree with the decision, you may request an appeal within 60 days of the date on the "Notice of Decision" you receive. A written request of appeal is required. You may use Form SSA-561 (Request for Reconsideration) to submit your request to your local Social Security office.

Under the SSI ( Disability) it says this:
Benefit Application Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.

I did receive a letter in the mail from SS stating I was medically determined to be disabled but they have not yet determined whether or not I meet the non medical rules. I haven't worked in 4 years but I worked 6 out of the last 10

Hi Tricia,

Hi Tricia,
It appears that you've been approved for benefits! You may not be eligible for SSI benefits as those are income based, however you should have a decision letter about those benefits sometime in the near future.

Dawn
I am on an appeal and logged

I am on an appeal and logged into my account today and saw this message: A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information. I have read it means denied and I have read it means approved. What are my chances?

Hi Dawn,

Hi Dawn,
I could not say as all that means is that the SSA has determined that you are medically eligible for benefits, and you need to meet both the medical and technical eligibility requirements to receive benefits.

Ursey
I received the same message

I received the same message as Dawn does that mean approval for me too?

Hi Ursey,

Hi Ursey,

Each case is different, so I cannot say. But if you received the same message then that means they made a decision medically, but are still processing your case.

kym
i checked my hearing status

i checked my hearing status online...had my hearing in oct 2017....status says processing what does that mean in the decision making phase??

Hi Kym,

Hi Kym,
I really could not say, you may want to contact the SSA regarding this.

Shelley Evans
Need to know my status of

Need to know my status of application FOR S.S. DISABILITY

Hi Shelley,

Hi Shelley,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this, you can do so by calling them at 1-800-772-1213.

Jessica Green
On the social security

On the social security website my SSI claim was denied, SSD now shows "a decision has been made on your benefit application. Your claim for disability benefits has been processed. A notice has been sent to you with a detailed explanation of the decision. If you disagree with the decision"...blah blah blah...Is it denied then? Why wouldn't they just say denied like they did on the SSI?

Hi Jessica,

Hi Jessica,
That does not necessarily mean that you have been denied, they are still at the decision writing stage and as such they will send you a decision letter once they have completed writing it.

Tracy
Jessica, was your SSDI

Jessica, was your SSDI approved?

Anonymous
Can I go online to check

Can I go online to check status

Hi There, You sure can!

Hi There,

You sure can!

Pages

Add new comment