You are here

Claim status

651 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tie
I was told by the judge after

I was told by the judge after my hearing for disability to contact DARS to get help with some training and she said if I have any problems to tell them to call her and she will “verify” ... is that a indication I might get approved?

Hello,

Hello,

It's possible, you should always be proactive though and keep checking the status of your case. Best of luck!

sarah
Machine accident in 2016

Machine accident in 2016

Hi Sarah,

Hi Sarah,

You may want to take our Free Disability Evaluation:https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/form/free-disability-evaluation

sarah
I have medical impairment

I have medical impairment hearing loss whiplash neck injury high cholestral migraine headache

Hi Sarah,

Hi Sarah,
It sounds like you might qualify, but it's hard to know for sure. Try filling out our Free Evaluation to have your claim reviewed by a professional.

sarah
Permanent total disability

Permanent total disability machine accident 2016

Hi Sarah,

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear that! You may be able to qualify for SSDI:https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/form/free-disability-evaluation

Tee Edwards
I had my hearing this year

I had my hearing this year and I’ve called ODAR in Jacksonville, they stated that the judge made a decision and it is in writing, I called a week letter and they stated the decision was being processed. Can you tell me what that mean with my decision

Hi There,

Hi There,

It means they are writing your decision and you should be hearing from them in the near future.

Anonymous
Ssi denied me but ssd states

Ssi denied me but ssd states processing
medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information. Just trying to figure out what it means.

Hi There,

Hi There,

It means they are writing your decision and you should be hearing from them in the near future.

Tracy
Was your SSDI approved?

Was your SSDI approved?

Sara
I was approved for the

I was approved for the medical part and waiting on the non medical part. Before I applied back in 2016 it said “If you were to become disabled on this date you would be eligible for $780 thru disability” (or something along those lines.) Is that usually an accurate estimate? I’m worried I didn’t make enough or have enough credits to get approved for the non medical part...

Hi Sara,

Hi Sara,

Wishing you nothing but the best!

Marcia Dubroc
What is my current status

What is my current status

Hi Marcia,

Hi Marcia,

You would have to speak with a SSA rep regarding that.

Anonymous
When they say the decision

When they say the decision has been made and they are processing your decision what do that mean

Hi There,

Hi There,

It means they are just finalizing the decision and you should be hearing from them soon. Best of luck!

Anonymous
I called Social Security

I called Social Security today to check on my claim and they said they sent it in the mail but would not tell e anything else does this mean I am denied..??

Hi There,

Hi There,

It does not mean you were denied. What they sent to you is confidential information only for you. Best of luck!

Anonymous
When I checked before it said

When I checked before it said processing and now when I went on the SSA web site I don't see any thing not even the application status what does that mean

Anonymous
Why wouldn't they give

Why wouldn't they give me information over phone??
Sorry have tons of questions

Hi There,

Hi There,

It could be that your case is just not finalized yet.

Kym
Medical decision has been

Medical decision has been made. If social security does not call you for your info about how you will receive your payments before you receive the letter. Will they call or send a check if approved?

Hi Kym,

Hi Kym,

You will receive a letter in the mail that will tell you if you have been approved or denied. They will send you a direct deposit of your payments, just not right away though.

JP
Not understanding why when I

Not understanding why when I went to web site yesterday it said processing now today it don't even show where I even applied for SSD what does this mean?

Hi JP,

Hi JP,

You may want to call and speak with a SSA representative.

Lisa W.
I was told that they've

I was told that they've made a medical decision and are working to process the benefit application.

Hi Lisa,

Hi Lisa,

Good to hear. You should be receiving your decision in the mail relatively soon.

Sam
It says a

It says a
Sis was approved
SSD it says a decision has beenmade on your benefit application your claim for disability benefits has been processed a notice has been sent to you with a detailed explanation of the decision. Does this mean that I am denied??

Hi Sam,

Hi Sam,

It it says it was approved, that means you are approved! The rest of that just means they will give you more detailed information regarding your future benefits. Congrats!

sarah
I need to know if my claim

I need to know if my claim was approved

Hi Sarah,

Hi Sarah,

You need to contact the SSA for that! You can call them at 1-800-772-1213!

Tee
Called todaii and said my

Called todaii and said my case was closed but couldn't see a decision....is this a bad thing? I do have a lawyer that sucked but I sent my own papers in that listed my illness as chronic and that I can't work more than ten hrs a week or 2hrs a day. Can't lift more than five pounds or stand, sit for long time. Illness is chronic and will last lifetime. Also was told by rep todaii yes I do have enough credits but can't say how much I would receive monthly. Is this a bad thing?

Hi Tee,

Hi Tee,

Your lawyer may hear the decision faster than you, so you might want to contact him/her.

Birdie
Have been at step 2 of 3 for

Have been at step 2 of 3 for reconsideration since 12/22. Today status changed to the following:
"Your appeal is currently under review for processing accuracy. Once the review is complete, we will continue processing your appeal."
In your experience, does this mean a decision has not yet been made, or was it sent to quality review with a decision? Can the caseworker give a tentative decision over the phone? This is excruciating.

Hi Birdie,

Hi Birdie,

That means they are still reviewing your case.

Birdie
Thank you for the reply!

Thank you for the reply!

Joanna lopez
Good afternoon I wanted to

Good afternoon I wanted to see what it meant when I go online to my Sosa Social Security and it states reconsideration of benefits processing

Hi Joanna,

Hi Joanna,
That means they are still reviewing your reconsideration request.

Patricia
Hi i was wonder i called my

Hi i was wonder i called my social security office to update my number and the rep told me if i dont receive payment at certain time give them call back then say it was sent to local office and pending im confused what does this mean?

Hi Patricia,

Hi Patricia,

You may want to try contacting your local SSA office to see if they have a better understanding of what is going on.

Jules
My adjuster for my disability

My adjuster for my disability called me yesterday and said they needed one question answered before final decision .. so I answered it and he said good perfect ! He said wow I have gone over your case it’s a lot .. but this all is good and all we needed . I said oh does this mean I was approved ? He laughed and said it looks good and you know I can’t really say on the phone ..
does this mean I probably was approved ? I am licked out of my account have tried and tried to unlock it so I give up .

Hi Jules,

Hi Jules,

You should be notified when you are approved or denied. You can contact the SSA at 1-800-772-1213.

sarah
Was it approved or denied

Was it approved or denied

sarah
Ssa claim just sent

Ssa claim just sent

Hi Sarah,

Hi Sarah,

We are not affiliated with the SSA, so I can't say for sure if your claim was approved or denied.

Kaprina
Applied 3 years ago! Was

Applied 3 years ago! Was denied the first time around. This time it's been processing since 4/2017. Last week got an update online that reads "Benefit application under review. A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application." A social security representative may contact you directly if we need any additional information or documents! Does anyone know if this is saying that I'm finally approved or not? Please help!!! Has anyone ever gotten this message and was approved??!!!!

Hi Kaprina,

Hi Kaprina,

That's a standard response from the SSA. It just means they are processing your claim and you should hear from them in the near future. Best of luck!

Pages

Add new comment