You are here

Claim status

312 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mary
It says that my application

It says that my application is under review and that a medical decision has been made? Is this a good thing or a bad

Hi Mary,

Hi Mary,

It's nothing to worry about. It is common procedure when applying for benefits.

-Eric

Andrea
Hi Mary, did you get

Hi Mary, did you get approved or denied?

Annetta chase
I received the same message

I received the same message when I check the Social Security website that day I called which is today 1/18 I believe and was told that I was approved but couldn't give me any more information so I hope that helps be positive

Hi Anetta,

Hi Anetta,
Hang in there! It may take a while for the SSA to process applications.

Linda
I had the same thing. . . I

I had the same thing. . . I got letter today and was approved. . Have to go to ss appointment to determine if I qualify for the financial part. .

Amanda
Linda, can you tell me what

Linda, can you tell me what the address is that the letter came from? I spoke to a representative almost two weeks ago and she said I should be receiving a letter from out of state

Hi Amanda,

Hi Amanda,

You can contact the SSA again to see if they have more updated information.

Amanda
I did call again today. She

I did call again today. She said I should be getting a call soon. The reason why it's been a little bit is because my case rep has been out of office.

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

Melissa
I have been checking the

I have been checking the status on line and received the same information. Status is still in review as of today. and a medical decision has been received. I finally received letter and it states that a decision was unfavorable. What would be my next step

Hi Melissa,

Hi Melissa,

You can appeal the decision if you were denied. If you chose to, I would do it as soon as possible.

Ruth
I called the ssa office and

I called the ssa office and they told me that my claim is closed,does that mean they made a decision didn't understand what that means

Hi Ruth,

Hi Ruth,

It could mean that they have made a decision regarding your case.

-Eric

CB
What did it mean. Did you get

What did it mean. Did you get approved

Jen K
Appeal Under Review

Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information

what does this mean approved or denied

Hi Jen,

Hi Jen,

Neither, it means they're still working on your decision. Best of luck.

-Eric

Linda
Had same thing and I received

Had same thing and I received letter today that I am approved

Anonymous
Jen, did you get approved? Or

Jen, did you get approved? Or denied?

Anonymous
Did you get an approval Jen K

Did you get an approval Jen K?

Dianne
Hello,

Hello,
My reconsideration was filed 1/4/17 and I was advised 5/24 that it was approved and picked up for quality review.
My attorney told me to remain 'cautiously optimistic'. As of 7/11/17 status:
A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.
How likely is it that the decision has been over turned? And, how long until I will receive notice?
Thank you in advance!

Hi Dianne,

Hi Dianne,
We really could not say as disability determinations rely on a number of factors that we would not have access to. I really could not say when you would receive notice, but in may be in the next few months.

garry from ky
hi,i applied in oct 10,2016

hi,i applied in oct 10,2016,my onset was dec,20 2015,i sent all medical records i could get from every dr.i had seen in the past 25 yrs,some records where destoyed,but i had contacted all the drs that where still alive,they said they would help,i called the state worker investigating my claim,she never called me back,i check the ss site,it say they can can give me any info at this time,should i not have called the worker ,i feel i may have did something wrong crossed the line,she had always been so pleasant before,i may try to call and ask ss if they have the status of my claim,i retired early at 62,it will be 10mths in august,i drove a school bus,i have suffered from depression and axiety attacks since i was 20 yrs old,i did manage to with the help of medication,to work enough to retire from the local school system,i am 65 this yr,if they had known the meds i was on they never would have let me drive,it was a risk i had to take,i have sleep apnea,high b/p.loss of hearing in my left ear/not total,i have a bad disc in my thorasic spine,hip/joint problems,etc,obesity,found out recently i have cataracts,social axiety .i worry because the stae investigator did not call me back,would you recommend i try to call her again ?what do you think,thanks

Hi Garry,

Hi Garry,

I am so sorry to hear that. You can take our Free Disability Evaluation to speak to a Social Security advocate or attorney: http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/form/free-disability-evaluation

-Eric

Tamaura Laurine Weir
I just would like to know the

I just would like to know the status of my Disability SSI claim? Ive already filed through my SSI office here in my town. I'm just worried about being evicted from my home soon!

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may want to contact your local SSA office regarding this, you can find a listing of contact info for SSA offices here:
http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/content/social-security-disabili...

Patty0108
I too was about to be evicted

I too was about to be evicted and when I talked to my claims rep he put a rush tag on my claim. I turned it in on June 2017 and I just got the approval

Hi There,

Hi There,

Congrats on getting approved! Best of luck.

-Eric

Sam
THIS IS SO MESSED UP ,MY

THIS IS SO MESSED UP ,MY APPEAL IS TWO YEARS IN - I have two young children and we are going to loose our home as well - my attorney said there was no rushing it unless we are actually homeless?!?! That does not seem right???!!!!

Hi Sam,

Hi Sam,

I am so sorry to hear that. Just make sure that you have all of your necessary paperwork in order. Wishing you nothing but the best.

Rich
How often should you check

How often should you check your disability application online?

Hi Rich,

Hi Rich,

There is no right or wrong answer it really is whatever is most convenient to you.

Best of Luck,
Eric

Sherry lee
Checking on my claim

Checking on my claim

Hi Sherry,

Hi Sherry,

We are not affiliated with the SSA so we cannot assist you with that.

-Eric

Anonymous
What does your appeal for SSI

What does your appeal for SSI DISABLITY BENFITS IS BEING PROCESS DOES THAT MEAN I GOT APPROVED

Hi There,

Hi There,

I can't say for sure, but it means that you should be hearing back from them soon.

-Eric

DAVID
Appeal Under Review

Appeal Under Review

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO LET ME KNOW DECISION?

Hi David,

Hi David,
This means that they are processing your decision, it doesn't mean anything in regards to approval or denial of your benefits claim. Processing times can vary as all cases are different. Hang in there!

Pennys
Hey david,

Hey david,
Did you get an approval?

Nancy
David, were you approved &amp

David, were you approved & how long did it take after this message were you informed? Thanks.

Tanya Hamerter
Hello can I get a new copy of

Hello can I get a new copy of the SSD approval statement indicating the amount of funding I'm approved for monthly emailed to me.

Hi Tanya,

Hi Tanya,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this, we do not have this information as we are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government.

Jill Stewart
I had my hearing in June,my

I had my hearing in June,my lawyer said the judge made a decision and we just have to wait. I checked my claim online and it says it's processing. Is that good? If I were denied there wouldn't be anything to process just a denial letter. This is my 3rd claim and my 2nd time before a judge. How do they expect people to survive? I'm more nervous now then before I knew the decision was made. Too bad they can't let us know yes or no then process the paperwork!!!

Hi Jill,

Hi Jill,
A "processing" claim status does not indicate an approval or denial. Hang in there!

Brenda sue perkins
How to get answers. On claim

How to get answers. On claim status check

Hi Brenda,

Hi Brenda,
You may want to contact the SSA regarding this, you can call them at 1-800-772-1213.

Ernestine Walker
When will I know and then

When will I know and then what. There is. No communication

Hi Ernestine,

Hi Ernestine,
You may want to contact your local SSA office, you can find a listing of them here:
http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/content/social-security-disabili...

Leslie m Griffin
When will I know if my app

When will I know if my app was approved and how much I get?

Hi Leslie,

Hi Leslie,
The SSA will generally send a letter with this information to you, it generally takes a bit for them to make a decision. Hang in there!

Pages

Add new comment