how do I stop being representative payee?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 07/01/2013 - 13:47

I have been my brother's re-payee(sp?) for several years and feel that he is more than capable of handling his own money. What is the process to change this arrangement?

Jennifer (not verified)
Mon, 04/03/2017 - 10:01 Permalink

How can you stop being a payee for someone

Sheila aparicio cruz (not verified)
Mon, 04/03/2017 - 14:42 Permalink

I have be an the payee for my cousin and I just found out I will no linger be living her area and I need to see about coming off her payee

Laura (not verified)

In reply to by Sheila aparicio cruz (not verified)

Fri, 09/07/2018 - 22:04 Permalink

I'm leaving state and I'm a payee to now my ex husband... What do I do

Don (not verified)
Thu, 04/27/2017 - 19:44 Permalink

When rep payee is changed to a new one, can remaining funds be transferred directly to the new payee?


In reply to by Don (not verified)

Wed, 05/03/2017 - 09:58 Permalink

Hi Don,
While you may want to contact your local SSA office about transferring funds, you may be able to do so.

Tina (not verified)

In reply to by Bryan

Sat, 07/29/2017 - 23:16 Permalink

He in Indiana and I'm in Chicago he get all his money and I'm not getting any what should I do.

Amy Naglowsky (not verified)
Sat, 04/29/2017 - 22:46 Permalink

I want my husband to become my repayee because she isnt giving me any money for rent or anything

Anonymous (not verified)
Mon, 05/01/2017 - 16:29 Permalink

How can i take my name off as payee so how can i do it

Julie larez (not verified)
Wed, 05/03/2017 - 20:21 Permalink

How can i get my money from a payee person so i can be in control of my money


In reply to by Julie larez (not verified)

Mon, 05/08/2017 - 17:06 Permalink

Hi Julie,

You would have to schedule an appointment with your local SSA office to see if you would be able to that.

Best Wishes

D. Lewis (not verified)
Sat, 05/13/2017 - 12:32 Permalink

I'm 32 Years old and I'm currently on ssi. My mom is my payee, but I haven't seen one dime of my benefits. I think my mom is stealing my benefits. I ask her about it, and she thinks I'm crazy. And I'm tired of being bullied by my dad about how I spend my money. What should I do?


In reply to by D. Lewis (not verified)

Mon, 05/15/2017 - 16:39 Permalink


I am so sorry to hear that. I would recommend calling the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 and notifying them of your situation.

Best of Luck,

Artie hancock (not verified)
Tue, 05/16/2017 - 11:36 Permalink

Can I be my payee of me and my little girl

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!