Lump sum back payment

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 09/26/2011 - 13:04

I received two lump sum payments, but I have not spent all of the funds. I want to make a funeral arrangement and buy a car. How soon must I spend the lump sum payment.

Anonymous (not verified)
Mon, 05/09/2016 - 23:07 Permalink

Was approved on April 2016. Got first installment of 2100. Need 7000 to pay back rent and get lights back on bill 3300. Can I get advance in backpay?

maria l garcia (not verified)
Thu, 05/12/2016 - 03:59 Permalink

I am suppose to receive back pay in lump some for medicate. was told it would take one hundred and twenty days. and have not recieved yet.

Lakisha (not verified)
Mon, 05/16/2016 - 04:32 Permalink

It been 7 month's and i haven't receive my second installment my son is about to graduate i want to be able to get him a fitted suit not hand me downs can they speed up the process he ask me everyday did my money come yet......plz help!!!!!


In reply to by Lakisha (not verified)

Mon, 05/16/2016 - 15:37 Permalink

Hi Lakisha,
That is very strange! I would contact your local SSA office or perhaps your bank to see where the installment is.

sharon k pope (not verified)
Sat, 05/21/2016 - 15:38 Permalink

I will recieve my lump sum in november 2016 is there any way to find out what the total is its my final unstallment


In reply to by sharon k pope (not verified)

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 16:09 Permalink

Hi Sharon,
We would not be able to say how much back pay you would be getting as we are not affiliated with the SSA and do not have access to that information.

Anonymous (not verified)
Sat, 05/21/2016 - 19:37 Permalink

This is sharon k pope again with the same question how can i find out the amount of my final installment that is due in November.

Anonymous (not verified)
Sun, 05/22/2016 - 17:44 Permalink

Daughter just got first installment of SSI back pay. 3 questions: She has to do school online so all she needs for school is allowable expenses from dedicated account? Like, she has now broken 2 laptops because of her frustration, etc. (stemming from mental health diagnosis) Do checks if you get duplicates count as proof of where money from dedicated account was spent? Can monies spent on her for doctors, therapies, medicines during the multiple appeals get reimbursed to me from dedicated account?


In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Mon, 05/23/2016 - 15:57 Permalink

Hi there,
You may be able to reimburse yourself for purchases made that would be able to be covered by the money in your child's dedicated account, but the best place to go to check would be or calling the SSA at 1-800-772-1213

Robert (not verified)
Tue, 05/24/2016 - 01:17 Permalink

I would like to ask how long do u have to wait for ya back pay once approved for ssi

Corona (not verified)
Tue, 05/24/2016 - 10:26 Permalink

My house and car payments are behind. I was approved fully favorable 5/9/2016. What should I do or say ?


In reply to by Corona (not verified)

Tue, 05/24/2016 - 12:29 Permalink

Hi Corona,
I would get in touch with your local SSA office and tell them of the fact that you may need your payment expedited. Also, bring documentation that your car payment and house payment are behind.

Corona (not verified)

In reply to by Bryan

Tue, 06/07/2016 - 23:28 Permalink

Mortgage Company called this afternoon. They entered me in their hardship plan for 90 days. Now I am praying for my money to drop in the next 2 weeks. I will call SSA and check the status of my money. Thank you!!!

Brenda (not verified)
Sat, 05/28/2016 - 14:52 Permalink

Hi I have to move out of my home. The land it sit on is being sold. I have back pay for 15,800 I got a check for 2000 April 5 I got a car with the first 2,000 but now I need a home.I only get 488_a month because I live with my boy friend and we didnt have any payment of we will have plus utilities. I need my back second back pay to move to a need home.can you help me please


In reply to by Brenda (not verified)

Tue, 05/31/2016 - 10:28 Permalink

Hi Brenda,
I would contact the SSA at 1-800-772-1213, they can help you with expediting your back pay.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!