You are here

How many hours can you work if on disability

748 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi Lloyd,

Hi Lloyd,

As long as you don't exceed the monthly limit of $1,180 you can work and receive benefits!

Maudine mingle
I get 875 a month in

I get 875 a month in disability but I am going to go to work about 24 hours a week or less is it okay

Hi There,

Hi There,

As long as your monthly income does not exceed $1,180, it will be okay.

Jill
I won my case for SSI but am

I won my case for SSI but am not able to recieve benefits because my husband gets 1307.00 in SSDI. That leaves us with very low income. What can I do? Do I try to find a way to make money and if I do will I no longer be considered disabled? I am in rough shape but I do not know how we are going to survive on the amount of money my husband gets. We are being punished for being married :(

Hi Jill,

Hi Jill,

Your husband's income exceeds the SGA limit for 2018. Are you sure that is the correct amount?

If you are able to work, the SSA may not consider you disabled and you would not be able to receive SSI benefits.

Rainice
How many hours can I work

How many hours can I work without affecting my social security benefits

Hi Rainice,

Hi Rainice,

There is no limit on how many hours, but you cannot exceed the monthly limit of $1180.

Gail
i am receiving SSI benefits.

i am receiving SSI benefits. my childs dad retired 2 yrs ago. found out hid benefit should been sending me check. so now SS has reto'd hid payment & i got check for over 6k. when i deposit this will it count against my asset income and loose my monthly for few months?

Gail 2
Also. what about other

Also. what about other incomes. like 2nd hand sales at flea markets or online like ebay.
do this money coming in count as income and if so, what is the cap til it effects my ssi benefits?

Hi There,

Hi There,

That is okay and your monthly income cannot exceed $1,180 for non-blind persons.

Anonymous
Eric. u commented on my

Eric. u commented on my question about my childs back pay and my ssi. but u commented about a blind person. which has nothing to do with my question. can someone please help me understand what is going to happen to me. PLEASE????

Hello,

Hello,

I am so sorry for any confusion. Can you please re-state your question and me or my colleague will try our best to give you the most accurate answer?

Again, my most sincere apologies for any confusion I brought.

.Mundo
Ok Been receiving S

Ok Been receiving S
S Disability for 5. Yrs Now Can i. Work part time 15 to 20 Hours A. Week. I .Get. 1298 .a. Month will i .b .ok. For P.T Work

Hi There,

Hi There,

It looks like you will be making above the 2018 SGA limit. That could in fact effect your benefits.

Thomasphelps
I get 935 a month. How much

I get 935 a month. How much can I earn if I work

Hi There,

Hi There,

It depends on your situation really, it shouldn't exceed the 2018 SGA limit.

Hi There,

Hi There,

It looks like your monthly income will exceed the 2018 SGA limit, that could affect your benefits.

Anonymous
If work 4 hour weekly 10.00

If work 4 hour weekly 10.00 perhour what is my monthly limit while ss is 849.00is

Hi There,

Hi There,

As long as your monthly income does not exceed the 2018 SGA limit, you should be okay.

Leo
Can I work partime while on

Can I work partime while on ssdi even if your spouse works fulltime

Hi Leo,

Hi Leo,

Yes, that should be okay! Just make sure your monthly income does not exceed $850/Month

Anonymous
How hours can I work a week

How hours can I work a week and still get disability

The number of hours does not

The number of hours does not matter, it all depends on your monthly income.

Anonymous
My spouse works im disable he

My spouse works im disable he gets over weekly for the month he earns about 2,025.00. why do ssi keep cutting my benefits off?

Hi There,

Hi There,

They are taking into consideration his income as apart of your own, since you are married. SSI is based on income.

Brittany
I get $750 a month S.S.I. How

I get $750 a month S.S.I. How many hours a week can I work at $12 ph?

Hi Brittany,

Hi Brittany,

The SSA doesn't track hours, just total income for the month. The monthly limit is $850.

Michelle
My daughter, who is 16, gets

My daughter, who is 16, gets a check with her farther’s check, but would like to work part time. Will this effect their checks?

Hi Michelle,

Hi Michelle,

If she is receiving auxiliary benefits then getting a part time job won't impact them.

brenda
how much could i make per

how much could i make per month if i'm on ssdi and earn $2280 per month
i have chance to do some substitute teaching i am a nurse back and hip surgery and not permitted to do activities of a nurse

Hi Brenda,

Hi Brenda,

You can make up to $850 a month. If you make more than you enter the trial work period.

Jolly
Ii have a couple questions

Ii have a couple questions 1st im on ssdi i get 817 a month does that mean I can make 1130 before or after taxes 2 or u ad 817 plus 313 to make 1130

mary b
How many hours can I work

How many hours can I work part time on SSI disability? My ssi only pays my rent.

Hi Mary,

Hi Mary,

You cannot make more than the SSI monthly income limit, which is $750.

Michele
I am mentally disabled on

I am mentally disabled on SSDI on my last review I was told I could work to supplement my income. If I gross $ 800 in earned income will my SSDI income be lowered?

Hi Michele,

Hi Michele,

That should be okay since you are earning lower than $850/Month which would trigger a trial work period.

Anonymous
How many hours can I work on

How many hours can I work on disabilty

Hi There,

Hi There,

The number of hours does not matter, but if you earn more than $850/Month it could trigger a trial work period.

Mario
Hi hru if I'm on SSDI

Hi hru if I'm on SSDI which can I earn $850 or $1080 a month with it effecting my benefits it's confusing to me . Can you please help.

Hi Mario,

Hi Mario,

If you earn more that $850 it could trigger a trial work period.

Gwen
I am on SSDI and wanting to

I am on SSDI and wanting to work but not enter into any trial work period. Does that mean my income can not be greater than $850? I have been reading your past responses and it looks like making the $1080 enters you into a trial work period which eventually affects your benefits. Please clarify. Thanks.

Hi Gwen,

Hi Gwen,

You are correct, to NOT enter the trail work period, you need to make less than $850 a month. Once you make over $850, that month will count to your TWP.

Andrea
I get 1,170.00 a month from

I get 1,170.00 a month from SSDI. I work 9 months out of the year for the school system. My gross $1,210.00. Will I lose my SSDI benefits.

Hi Andrea,

Hi Andrea,

The SGA is $1180.00 a month. If you make over $850 a month you enter the trial work period.

Brenda
If you get married while

If you get married while receiving ssdi will stop your check stop?

Hi Brenda,

Hi Brenda,

Marriage should not impact SSDI.

Amanda
If iget an insurance

If iget an insurance settlement will it take away from my ssi check

Hi Amanda,

Hi Amanda,

For any additional income such as a settlement like that, the SSA will count that as apart of your income and your SSI benefits could be affected.

Richard Fedas
How much money can I earn on

How much money can I earn on ssdi self employed and how many hours can I work

Hi Richard,

Hi Richard,

The number of hours does not matter. If you earn more than $850 a month, that could trigger a trial work period.

Pages

Add new comment