How many hours can you work if on disability

734 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bonnie Marsala
Are Holiday and vacation

Are Holiday and vacation hours included in the total hrs of 1170 thershold

Hi Bonnie,

Hi Bonnie,

The $1,1170 threshold is the maximum amount you can earn while on disability benefits without losing your benefits, it has nothing to do with an amount of hours you can work.

Anonymous
I want to start working and I

I want to start working and I get ssi and ssdi so how much can I work without messing with those checks

Hi there,

Hi there,
The SSA may reduce your benefits one dollar for every two that you earn for SSI benefits, but your SSDI benefits may not change. It's a good idea to contact the SSA regarding this.

Maureen
If on soc Sec disability I

If on soc Sec disability I understand that I may work parttime if less than SGE?

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may be able to do so, however it's always a good idea to contact the SSA before doing so.

Tina
Is it true you can earn as

Is it true you can earn as much as you want the first eight months without loosing your benefits?

Hi Tina,

Hi Tina,
That is not correct. You may be able to earn more than the SGA of $1,170 a month without change to your benefits under certain circumstances, but that is not true for every person who works while receiving disability.

Lynn
I'm receiving SSI and

I'm receiving SSI and wanna rent an apartment to be alone and need to work to help me with the other bills would I still get my ssi

Hi there,

Hi there,
You may be able to do so, but your benefits may change if your income changed.

Lynn
Okay I'm under ssi and

Okay I'm under ssi and my first time to work since then, and want it to know what you mean by reduce a dollar for every $200 . And still get my SSI

Hi Lynn,

Hi Lynn,
If you earn two dollars, they would reduce your SSI benefits check by one dollar for that month.

Lola
So my question is if your

So my question is if your getting SSI of $735.00 a month and you wanna work for the first time cuz you wanna rent for your own place and you need a little income for utility how much money should you get and not to loss your benefit.. you mention that they'll reduce one dollar every two I'm confused what that means in every two hundred that I make or what

Hi Lola,

Hi Lola,
If you earn $100 in a month at work, the SSA would reduce your benefits by $50 for that month. That is, take how much you would earn, divide it in half, and that would be close to the amount that the SSA reduces your benefits.

Justin
Hi there ... I have a

Hi there ... I have a question ... I make 733 a month in SSI I also make roughly 630 a month from working how much exactly would be deducted from my SSI

Hi Justin,

Hi Justin,
I could not say exactly, but you may have a reduction in benefits up to 315 dollars. It's a good idea to contact your local SSA office as they'd be able to go over how your income would change specifically.

HELEN
Is the maximum monthly based

Is the maximum monthly based on net or gross pay?

HI Helen,

HI Helen,
It is based on gross pay.

Anonymous
What if I make 1080 monthly

What if I make 1080 monthly am I over for my disability benefits

Hi there,

Hi there,
I could not say as we do not have any specific information about your case, we are not affiliated with the SSA or the Federal government . You may want to contact them with this question, you can get in touch with the SSA by calling them at 1-800-772-1213.

Michelle
I receive 735 in disability

I receive 735 in disability benefits monthly how much money can I make without loosing my benefits

Hi Michelle,

Hi Michelle,
If you're receiving income based benefits, the SSA would reduce your benefits one dollar for every two dollars that you earn.

Anonymous
This is the same person who

This is the same person who inquired about applying for unemployment while receiving social security disability.. I did not report my or work to the social security administration as I was afraid of loosing my benefits also.. If I quite my job due to my manager making my job uncomfortable and unneccessarly stressful knowing Iam already on disability can I still receive unemployment benefits?

Hi there,

Hi there,
If you quit your job, you may not be eligible for unemployment.

Angela
I get Ssi ..I found a part

I get Ssi ..I found a part time job and it pays ,7.25 I get 20 hours a week and get paid every two weeks they still cut my Ssi check 3 times this year now I no longer work my condition cause me to fall in depression for no reason..now I don't work and get 299...I didn't Kno anything about a work ticket..tell after they took the money from Ssi and told me I couldn't get in the program go see if Social Service could help me ...I was like wow .....

Hi Angela,

Hi Angela,
SSI benefits are adjusted based on income, you may want to contact the SSA regarding this as they can adjust your benefits based on your current income.

kristin
2017 you can earn $1170.00 a

2017 you can earn $1170.00 a month i addition to what ever your social security disability..

Mary hoke
How many hours for a disable

How many hours for a disable work

Milagros
My question is if the person

My question is if the person recive ssi how many hours is the person allow to work and still receive the benefits

SSI payments are reduced by

SSI payments are reduced by the amount of dollars earned, so someone could earn $200 one month and have his/her SSI payments reduced accordingly.

Jason
While on SSI, can I work and

While on SSI, can I work and if so how many hours a week can I work while receiving 733.00 a month which does not help me enough?
Thank you
-Jason

Hi Jason,

Hi Jason,
Hours actually don't matter (unless you're working more than 80 hours per week), but income does. If you're earning more than $1,170 per month, you will no longer qualify for SSI benefits.

Judith Snyder
Do you have to inform SSDI if

Do you have to inform SSDI if you want to start working a few hours a week?

You should report all earned

You should report all earned income to the SSA, but you can comfortably earn up to $800 per month without worrying about losing your SSDI benefits.

Marlon
How many hrs can I work per

How many hrs can I work per week

Income earned, not hours

Income earned, not hours matter. You cannot earn more than $1,170 per month.

Anonymous
I only get $733.00 a month

I only get $733.00 a month can I work Part time.

You can, but your SSI

You can, but your SSI benefits will be reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn.

Antonio Smith
Im 16 years old, I plan to

Im 16 years old, I plan to work and make 600+$ a month will my check get cut, if not what's the limit.

Hi Antonio,

Hi Antonio,

Income earned, not hours matter. You cannot earn more than $1,170 per month.

Lesley philllips
Can I work a few hours each

Can I work a few hours each week and still receive my monthly check for social security disability.

Hi Lesley,

Hi Lesley,
You may be able to, but it may be a good idea to check in with the SSA regarding this.

NAD
$1170 IS THAT GROSS OR NET

$1170 IS THAT GROSS OR NET INCOME? WHAT HAPPENS TO MY MEDICAID PAYING MY MEDICARE MONTHLY PREMIUM?

Hi there,

Hi there,

It's gross income before taxes.

Anonymous
Can i babysit my grandkids

Can i babysit my grandkids and get paid while on ssi

Yes, but if you're earning

Yes, but if you're earning more than $1,170 per month, you will no longer qualify for SSI benefits.

Christie Champion
how do I report any earned

how do I report any earned income to ssa. Is it a fax reported weekly or where do I mail it. Ive tried calling several times and am on hold for hours and cant get through.

Hi Christie,

Hi Christie,
You may want to contact your local SSA office regarding this, you can find a listing here:
https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/content/social-security-disabil...

anna
how much in Delaware can be

how much in Delaware can be made onssi

Pages

Add new comment