You are here

How many hours can you work if on disability

748 posts / 0 new
Last post
Patricia
I am currently on ssdi, when

I am currently on ssdi, when my trial work period is up, will they deduct any of my earnings? If I I continue to work but earn under the substantial amount aloud.

HI Patricia,

HI Patricia,
When the trial work period is up, you would be eligible for benefits only for the months that you do not make over the 1,150 limit.

Cody
Can I make 600/month and

Can I make 600/month and still get disability

Hi Cody,

Hi Cody,
You may be able to do so but it may be a good idea to contact the SSA regarding this.

Arthur Coy
I make 1,161 a month on

I make 1,161 a month on disability I also work part time how must can or will they cut my money

Hi Arthur,

Hi Arthur,

Your income cannot exceed $1,180 or $1,970 if you are blind.

Fred
So if I'm on SSDI I can

So if I'm on SSDI I can make less than 1,100.00 a month it won't effect my disability payments is that correct?

Hi Fred,

Hi Fred,
Generally yes, but it's a good idea to check in with the SSA to find out if your case would be different.

Anonymous
If a person is on SSI drawing

If a person is on SSI drawing 723.00 per month, can you make 700.00 per month without taking any of the SSI benefit away?

Hi There,

Hi There,

I would recommend speaking with a SSA representative.

Anonymous
Can you go to work if your

Can you go to work if your disabled

Hi There,

Hi There,

Yes, you are able to work while receiving SS benefits.

Lynn D
Can my mother take care of

Can my mother take care of her disabled adult daughter my mom gets ssdi an ssi I don’t know the difference one check on the third one on the 1st but one is widow pension I’m 46 with cerebral palsy can she work 13hrs a week to help me

Hi Lynn,

Hi Lynn,
Your mother may be able to do so, but if she's in doubt she may want to contact the SSA regarding this as they would have detailed information about her case.

sherri
How do you determine benefit

How do you determine benefit amount?

Hi Sherri,

Hi Sherri,
We are not affiliated with the SSA or the federal government, so we do not determine benefit amounts. Generally the SSA would take either your history of paying FICA taxes, or if you're applying for SSI, they would take your income and resources into account.

Peggy
I'm on ssdi can I work

I'm on ssdi can I work and keep my benefits

HI Peggy,

HI Peggy,
People on disability benefits may be able to work and keep their benefits, but you may want to contact the SSA regarding your case as they can give you detailed information about this.

HI Peggy,

HI Peggy,
People on disability benefits may be able to work and keep their benefits, but you may want to contact the SSA regarding your case as they can give you detailed information about this.

Diedra
How many hours am i allowed

How many hours am i allowed to work if I’m on ssi for ssi

Hi There,

Hi There,

The number of hours don't matter, your monthly income cannot exceed the 2018 SGA limit.

Noel
I make 160.00 a week.that&

I make 160.00 a week.that's under the sga .Will that affect my dad.

Hi Noel,

Hi Noel,

It shouldn't but you should double check with the SSA first, just in case.

Beverly
I am on total disability. But

I am on total disability. But can I Make a few crafts and sell if possible without being penalized ?

HI there,

HI there,
If you are receiving disability based on your work record, then you may be able to do so, however it would be a good idea to contact the SSA regarding your case. You can contact them at 1-800-772-1213.

Pat
If you are collecting ssdi

If you are collecting ssdi and worked in 2017 do have to file taxes

Hi Pat,

Hi Pat,

For the majority of people, Social Security Disability benefits are not taxable. If you or your spouse have another source of substantial income, it's likely your SSDI benefits could be taxed by the federal government.

If you have any further questions, you should speak with a SSA representative just to be sure. Best of luck.

Anonymous
How many hours can you get

How many hours can you get per week if your on disability

The number of hours don't

The number of hours don't matter, your monthly income cannot exceed the 2018 SGA limit.

Anonymous
How many house per week..can

How many house per week..can you make

Anonymous
Can you tell me how i can

Can you tell me how i can find out

You can speak with a SSA

You can speak with a SSA representative to find out more.

Bonnie Soalt
My net pay on ssd is $1600.

My net pay on ssd is $1600. Monthly. How much can I earn monthly from an employer?

Hi Bonnie,

Hi Bonnie,
You may be able to earn up to $850 without affecting your benefits, but it's a good idea to contact the SSA regarding this.

Jean
Are hours and dollar amounts

Are hours and dollar amounts you make checked monthly

Hi Jean,

Hi Jean,
Only income would need to be reported.

heffy
how much can i make , money

how much can i make , money wise , whiles on ssi.... i make 1270 now

Hi There,

Hi There,

Efrain
Can I work while I'm on

Can I work while I'm on disability

Hi There,

Hi There,

You are able to work, while collecting Social Security benefits.

dawson
i am wanting to try and ease

i am wanting to try and ease myself back into working. i do not know if i will be able to work i am going to try and do 2 shifts a week as a nurse. will i loose my disability if i do that?

Hi There,

Hi There,

If your monthly income does not exceed the 2018 SGA limit, you will not lose your disability.

Fred
How many hours can I work a

How many hours can I work a month if I'm on disability income and I collect 1150 a month and I'm going to work minimum wage 10 hours hour $10 an hour how many hours can I work a month

Hi Fred,

Hi Fred,
You may be able to earn up to $850 a month without affecting SSDI benefits.

Wesley brown
My mother had worked more

My mother had worked more than she is supposed to and now is worried about losing her disability what can she do

HI Wesley,

HI Wesley,
She may want to contact the SSA for information that would be specific to her particular case.

Anonymous
If I work 35hr a week is that

If I work 35hr a week is that ok?

Hi there,

Hi there,
I could not say, it would depend on how much money you would earn a month.

Anonymous
currently on ssdi how do i

currently on ssdi how do i report cash for small jobs to ss thanks

HI there,

HI there,
You may want to call them at 1-800-772-1213.

Pages

Add new comment