Qualifying children

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

I have children and their father has recently went for a hearing is waiting on a decision. I was told that the kids will qualify for benefits. I have several questions.
How is the amount determined?
What are the rules for the cutoff age to recieve benefits?
Do the children recieve back pay as well?
What steps if any do I need to take to set up their case?
If a child is 18 but still in high school do they qualify, and for how long?

Angela (not verified)
Wed, 11/15/2017 - 10:54 Permalink

My 17 yr old is requesting their full amount of ss survivors and i still have children until 16 do i have to give her the full amount cause shes demanding it?

Kamille (not verified)
Wed, 11/15/2017 - 17:05 Permalink

My husband is disabled and has full custody of 2 of his girls from a previous marriage and his ex wife has full custody of the other 2 girls. We also have a child of our own. There is no child support order in place since they each have custody of 2 children. Will all of the children be eligible for benefits?

Bryan

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Mon, 11/20/2017 - 09:03 Permalink

Hi there,
they may be eligible but their benefits would be limited to 180% of your benefit amount.

Brandy (not verified)
Fri, 11/17/2017 - 00:06 Permalink

My son receives Ssdi thru his father so the check goes to him. Am I entitled to the check since my son lives with me?

Crystal (not verified)
Fri, 11/17/2017 - 00:09 Permalink

Can my son receive ssdi benefits thru his father & receive ssi for his disability?

Bryan

In reply to by Crystal (not verified)

Mon, 11/20/2017 - 09:29 Permalink

Hi Crystal,
he may, depending on how much SSI he is eligible for and how much he would receive in SSDI benefits through his father.

Bj (not verified)
Fri, 11/17/2017 - 00:33 Permalink

My son receives benefits thru his father ssdi , my son recently has been diagnosed with a disability I want to apply for ssi for him is it possible that my son can receive both ssi & ssdi thru his father

Silk (not verified)
Fri, 11/17/2017 - 09:48 Permalink

Hi my daughter father receive disability ,
will my daughter be eligible to receive benefits?
just curious

Bryan

In reply to by Silk (not verified)

Mon, 11/20/2017 - 09:38 Permalink

I can't really say, if your child's father is receiving income-based benefits rather than benefits based off of your work record, your child would not be eligible for benefits based off of his disability.

Shellie (not verified)
Mon, 11/20/2017 - 14:11 Permalink

I received a letter stating that I was approved for ssdi but I asked about auxiliary benefits for my 2 children and they told me that my kids wouldn't get anything even though they do hit all the marks for qualifying. I'm not sure why they said that and am confused.

Shellie (not verified)
Mon, 11/20/2017 - 14:18 Permalink

They gave the reason as there is no money for auxiliary benefits as to why my 2 children can't get anything

Eric

In reply to by Shellie (not verified)

Tue, 11/21/2017 - 09:24 Permalink

Hi Shellie,

I am sorry to hear that. If your children are both above 18, that could be the reason why. If not, I really can't accurately say why they wouldn't be approved.

tb (not verified)
Mon, 11/20/2017 - 16:10 Permalink

My children's father was just approved for disability @ $535 per month. I am going to apply for auxilary benefits for the children. How much would they be eligible for?

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!